Sky HD volume levels

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i am using an Onkyo SR606 amp and Sky HD Box. when i select a HD Channel the volume is really low compared to SD so have to turn it up 10notches to get same volume. i have wired it via HDMI and Audio Interconnectors as recommended on the 'how to' pages. is there something else i should set on the amp? ie, how does the amp know to look for the additonal audio connectors aswell as the hdmi? - is this automatic or a setting i must change? -

or is this just the way it is with HD channels?

thanks

neil

A

Anonymous

just been surfing other forums to see if there was an answer and i saw this, not sure if its a solution yet as i have not been home to test but someone said the following:

"Sky HD box can be plugged into your amp by optical cable but you also have to tell the HD box to output on optical. The guys who installed my sky HD knew nothing about it so I had to search the setting and set it to output 5.1 on the optical output"

just thought i would let you know if anyone else is having set up sound problems

neil

A

Anonymous

Hi

I heard that the OpenTV middleware dont support 5.1 output via HDMI yet. Have you tried output audio via coax?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Mafutha:
Hi

I heard that the OpenTV middleware dont support 5.1 output via HDMI yet. Have you tried output audio via coax?

This true. Sky HD boxes don't have coaxial so you need to use optical (you can get a decent one for a fiver) to get surround sound.

A

Anonymous

hi, yes most of the HD boxes have a low volume even free view and a friend has the V plus box and he said the same..
emotion-13.gif

A

Anonymous

There is a volume setting on the Sound Options of the Sky box. I have an SR606 as well and it was very quiet at first when on Sky but having set it to max on the Sky it is now balanced with other sources.

A

Anonymous

A friend who is a sky engineer says it is simply quieter on HD channels, mine is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts