Sky+HD - Onkyo NR-TX608: normal dialogue output to all speakers!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been setting up my new system, and for Sky+HD I have the Optical Audio out connected to the Onkyo Optical Audio in and assigned this to the Sky+HD HDMI input. No problem for a movie on Sky showing DD, but for a normal programme (i.e. News at Six) the dialogue is coming out of all the front/centre & surround speakers - I thought that it should only come out the centre?

The Sky+HD is set with Optical out set to DD, although if I put it to Normal I get the same result.

Is dialogue coming from all speakers normal, and if not what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Paul.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Have you selected "TV Logic" which should have dialogue coming out of the centre speaker? I leave my Sky HD+ on that, as when DD is broadcast, it automatically switches across. At least that is how it worked on my previous Onkyo 605, and now the 308.

A

Anonymous

Juzzie,

Where do I find 'TV Logic' - on the Sky HD or the Onkyo? I can't find it on either.

I am pretty sure my Sky box is configured correctly, as I've had this working before on an all in one system. I have a new optical cable and Iseem to have everything assigned on the Onkyo, yet I now realise that I get no DD at all whether it is a DD film channel or not. I just get sound coming from all speakers. Blu-Ray is fine.

When I look on the Onkyo front panel all I see is 'PCM' displayed, no DD.

Apartr from changing the Sky box, how can I check that it is outputting over the optic cable?

Thanks for any help.

Paul.

Juzzie Wuzzie

On your Onkyo should be a Listening Mode button labelled "Movie/TV" - keep pressing that until you see the TV Logic / find a surround mode for non-DD soundtracks that you like. Refer page 8 and 34 onwards in your manual.

Have you se teh Onkyo up to take only picture from the Sky HDMI and the sound from the optical - that could also be an issue.

A

Anonymous

Juzzie,

Yes, all sorted now, and thanks for the info.

I already set HDMI input from Sky to 'CBL/SAT + Optical input to 'CBL/SAT + Audio Selector to 'Optical' + Listening Mode Preset I set the CBL/SAT to 'Straight Decode' and this gives the exact optical sound output from the Sky (DD or stereo).

Paul.

A

Anonymous

Juzzie,

Yes, all sorted now, and thanks for the info.

I already set HDMI input from Sky to 'CBL/SAT + Optical input to 'CBL/SAT + Audio Selector to 'Optical' + Listening Mode Preset I set the CBL/SAT to 'Straight Decode' and this gives the exact optical sound output from the Sky (DD or stereo).

Paul.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts