Sky Box?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
CJSF said:
No text . . . wonderful, try again?

Here we go again . . . I have a new Sky + HD box and two wire dish, all up and running, for what I want, its a rip off, personal opinion.

I can extract myself from the contract, but can keep the box and dish, will the box work as a 'Freesat decoder', presuming I reprogram the TV menu?

Or will I be advised to buy a dedicated Freesat box?

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
It'll work fine, don't worry about it. You won't be able to record any longer though, so if that's important you will need to get a freesat recording box.

Thanks The_Lhc, all depends how much Sky want for the box and dish, the paper work says £59??? But if I invoke my 30 day option to 'get out', they may get difficult? (The Sky Box I have does record sky?) Not questoning you valued advise, I dont have a clue. The man in the shop was very insistant that we needed the two wire dish, associated with recording . . . I thought? doh:doh:

Alternative; £250 all knobs and whistles, Freesat box from Hughes Electrical.

CJSF

daveh75

It you cancel within the 30 day cooling off period, Sky will usually want the box back, you keep the dish though.

The point The_LHC was making is, is that recording on a Sky box requires an active subscription, so when you cancel you lose the function to record, and access to any programmes that you've recorded.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
daveh75 said:
It you cancel within the 30 day cooling off period, Sky will usually want the box back, you keep the dish though. The point The_LHC was making is, is that recording on a Sky box requires an active subscription, so when you cancel you lose the function to record, and access to any programmes that you've recorded.

Thanks all, exactly the infomation I wanted. Happy New Year, CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts