Siting Freesat dish

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I'm vacillating between Freesat and Freeview. The Freeview aerial is no problem as I already have a suitable cable in place. For Freesat I understand that I would need two cables, one for viewing and one for recording. Siting the Freeview dish on the chimney holding the TV aerial presents long cable run problems so what I would like to know is what are the line of sight requirements for a Freesat dish if mounted on a wall on the side of a house.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I've found the answer on the WEB. A clear line of sight to the sky in the SE is required, which is handy for me as the TV will be in the SE corner of the house near a window. I will probably get away with installing it high up on a wall rather than having to trail cables to a chimney.

So I think that it will be Freesat and abandon the new TV cable that I've laid for Freeview. To add to/replace that for Freesat would have required undoing recent renovations.

Now it's research on a suitable HD TV. It is a pity that I've recently bought a Sony HXD995 DVD recorder which will only record in SD.

But at least I'm firm in my resolve until I change my mind again.

A

Anonymous

I live in a South Wales valley with a high hill at the rear, but even so my dish is mounted just above window height on the ground floor with a very short cable run.

Signal quality and strength are excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts