Simple Digital store and play?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

So another option on top of using the PC (which I also do), is adding a Squeezebox Touch, so you stream from the PC to the SBT and then into your DAC. Obviously some additional expense, but you can control the SBT either through the supplied remote or via a free app on an android phone or iPhone (if you have one). Or, depending on logisitcs, you could use a longer digital lead between SBT and DAC (or analogue lead bbetween SBT and amp) and sit the Touch on your coffee table where you are sat. The other advantage of this approach is that you can easily move the SBT to other hifi systems if you have them, its kinda portable if you get what I mean.

SteveR750

CJSF said:
I may simply create play lists on Spotify, which is the cheapest option not down loading at all, no paymen if I'm prepared to put up with the adverts:wall:

CJSF :?

and the fact that after playing a track 5 times you cannot play it again. To be honest, spotify is so good in its interface, range that the £5 a month is trivial in the grand shceme of things, when you consider how much most people spend on satellite TV subscriptions.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
CJSF said:
I may simply create play lists on Spotify, which is the cheapest option not down loading at all, no paymen if I'm prepared to put up with the adverts:wall:

CJSF :?

and the fact that after playing a track 5 times you cannot play it again. To be honest, spotify is so good in its interface, range that the £5 a month is trivial in the grand shceme of things, when you consider how much most people spend on satellite TV subscriptions.

Presuming the £5 a month gets over the 5 times play block . . . as you say is not bad value?

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts