Shuffle and Spotify connect

AJM1981

I have functional built-in streamers in both my amps.

What I am missing is a shuffle function to prevent the first song always first on a 200-track playlist when starting it by the device’s remote. The workaround is to control it by a phone with the app. If shuffle is turned on in that app it will be fine.

I am not looking to upgrade to anything that has this built-in, but just wonder if there any streamers that offer just this as an extra. :)

Last edited:

AJM1981

Never realized this is streamer related. I can imagine that older streamers like my 1st generation Sonos Connect haven’t got enough memory anymore.
When opening my phone’s spotify app, then connect to the amp and perform the shuffle it (obviously) always shuffles well. But having shuffle as a setting to the active playlist in the app does not make the streamer shuffle the songs based on that setting. In other words, for shuffling the streamer always needs a signal from the app on a device.

It would have been a nice feature to just press play and have more randomness in a Jazz or Rock playlist instead of the ever repeating sequences when playing something from a Spotify connect device. But I almost assume there might not be a lot of streamers which actually have that function. It is all pretty basic.

TRENDING THREADS