Should you buy a TCL TV?

What a misleading article! It doesn't answer the question and it doesn't give your verdict.

You haven't tested any of these TVs so don't know if they are any good.

This is just an overview of their range.

I have no object ion to you providing an overview of a product range. In fact they can be very useful for comparison purposes, but please be honest with what you are providing.

I expect higher standards of journalism from your (normally excellent) magazine/website. Please don't lower your standards to "click bait."

LowFiWhat

May 21, 2020
Visit site
To be clear, TCL 6 Series is on the R625 model in the United States now. This seems like a copy/paste article from Jan 2018. The upcoming 2020 6 Series will have the mini-LED technology from the 2019 8-series to pair with quantum dots (available on 2019 R625 model). In this price range, few TV's offer the best bang for the buck.

SMTIPS

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
I've owned this 55R635 for less than a month. It was fine for a week. Then audio sync issues started no matter what I watch on it. Then I started researching and Roku forums are full of complaints about it. There are 11 pages of complaints. There seems to be no fix for it. This has been going on with Roku/TCL TV's for well over a year.
I spent HOURS last night trying to adjust and correct this, both through my new Denon 650H receiver and through the TV and through Prime Video/Firestick settings. There is no fix for it. The only possible fix I've seen is to completely disable all Roku by resetting and not connecting it to the internet and just using your own devices (Firestick, Streaming Box, DVD etc.).
This is really unacceptable. Half the reason I bought it was for the "cool" factor of the Roku built in to this TV and the high ratings of the Roku app. I could buy any TV but this one had what I wanted. And now in less than a month I'm extremely unhappy with it. To get proper audio syncing I have to disable the entire Roku feature of this!!
Reconsider your choice on purchasing this TV. Neither TCL nor Roku has offered any explanation or fix for this issue and it's been happening to many customers since at least 2018.

philc

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
I had a similar issue with one of my TCL unit, after much gnashing of teeth and some mild profanity I discovered the audio reset located at the back if the TV (requires such as a ball point pen) . I left the TV plugged in, used a ball point pen, pushed the reset in...sound reverted back to normal. I do not have cable hooked to the TV and am streaming from my wireless network. I also determined later that the issue may well have been created by my service provider which unbeknownst to me was, at the time, doing a firmware update..This may not have been the case in your situation but I am reasonably certain this was the issue with the audio problem that I had. Aside from that kerfuffle I have had no physical issues with this TV since I've had it, which is going on 2 years.

rhdmsw

Jun 11, 2021
Visit site
Bought a 75 inch in 2000, the TV didn't last 2 years without problems. TV Video wouldn't work. Called TCL support and they ran me through diagnostics and troubleshooting. Still couldn't get the picture to come on. End answer was "sorry, your out of warranty".
Everyone needs to know what garbage TCL is putting out on the market. Stay away and buy something else.

SMTIPS

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
I had a similar issue with one of my TCL unit, after much gnashing of teeth and some mild profanity I discovered the audio reset located at the back if the TV (requires such as a ball point pen) . I left the TV plugged in, used a ball point pen, pushed the reset in...sound reverted back to normal. I do not have cable hooked to the TV and am streaming from my wireless network. I also determined later that the issue may well have been created by my service provider which unbeknownst to me was, at the time, doing a firmware update..This may not have been the case in your situation but I am reasonably certain this was the issue with the audio problem that I had. Aside from that kerfuffle I have had no physical issues with this TV since I've had it, which is going on 2 years.

This was not the issue. I had no TV provider, period. This was happening directly with a Gigabit wireless connection, I don't pay any provider. It happened on all channels on the Roku, and on the Fire Stick. This is a flat out blatant issue with Audio on TCL TV's, from my research anything Series 5 and above (does not happen at all on TCL 4 series, I've tested 3 of them I and my friends own).

The problem was never solved. My only solution was to stop using channels through the TV, plug my fire stick directly into my Denon receiver, and use any channels I want through it. This solution completely bypasses the audio processing on the TV and puts it directly through the receiver. I feel bad for people with a sound bar or some small speakers they can't plug devices directly to.

I will re-iterate, do NOT buy a TCL TV if you want a trouble free experience. These guys have done nothing to improve this, for your entertainment just do a search for "Audio Sync issue TCL" and you will find many many people with exactly the same issues. It can't be blamed on a service provider.

Mjj

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
This TV suddenly blacked out. I can hear it but no screen whatsoever. TCL has this issue with their tv’s right around the 2 year mark. Don’t bother calling them because they refuse to fix it, or acknowledge this is a tv defect and then they resort to the robot mode where they just repeat the same thing over and over again that the warranty is over until you hang up. This company sucks, their tv’s suck and if you don’t believe me do a quick google search thousands of people have the same issue. Will never buy TCL again.

D

Deleted member 197450

Looks like these TVs are crap then, probably why they gave 1 and 2 year warranties in the first place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts