should i wait for the sony 820 or go ahead with the onkyo 576

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys and girls

i could do with your opinions and advice.

I'e been waiting for the sony 820 to become available and after it being delayed and dogged with problems i decided to look at other budget amps. i'm very new to the idea of having seperate av equipment so there are a lot of things i don't know yet. after my last all in one system died i've wanted to replace it and it seemed the sony would be perfect.

I'm needing an amp at the moment to run an xbox elite and sky hd.

both amps seem very good and now i have a dilema. i can get ether amp for £250 i like the idea of the sonys true hd decoding as maybe one day i may go blue ray , the extra hdmi port sounds ggod too. However like the idea of the audessy set up, the dynamic eq and the initial volume level when you turn on with the onkyo. i also read the onkyo can get quite hot which owning an xbox i know can lead to faliure.

If anyone can make any comparisons about the two which will help me decide which way to go i could do with the advice

Cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Prof 573v3:
Hi guys and girls

i could do with your opinions and advice.

I'e been waiting for the sony 820 to become available and after it being delayed and dogged with problems i decided to look at other budget amps. i'm very new to the idea of having seperate av equipment so there are a lot of things i don't know yet. after my last all in one system died i've wanted to replace it and it seemed the sony would be perfect.

I'm needing an amp at the moment to run an xbox elite and sky hd.

both amps seem very good and now i have a dilema. i can get ether amp for £250 i like the idea of the sonys true hd decoding as maybe one day i may go blue ray , the extra hdmi port sounds ggod too. However like the idea of the audessy set up, the dynamic eq and the initial volume level when you turn on with the onkyo. i also read the onkyo can get quite hot which owning an xbox i know can lead to faliure.

If anyone can make any comparisons about the two which will help me decide which way to go i could do with the advice

Cheers

I think the Sony will be better.

A

Anonymous

i value your opinion would you elaberate though. do you think the build qulity is better, the sound, ease of use etc.

you've got an impressive set up but if you were on a tight budget what would swing it for you?

A

Anonymous

Have you got a dealer in the area where you can get a demo?

A

Anonymous

no one close that actually knows what there talking about i've got currys staffed with the same guys that wash the lettuce in mcdonalds and i've been working nights so i sleep though the day.i may try to get to a richer sounds but i want to know what i should be looking out for/considering so far all i've done is read the manuals but i guess the sony one will change at some point. ideally i want people to let me know what they like/ dislike about each amp not just the sound but the features and any probs they suffered (already know the sky hd one)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts