Should I replace the sub or bite the bullet?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have an Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3B 5.1 speaker set up. My sub appears to be making some funny noises of late (it is about 9 years old) so I have toyed with the idea of replacing it. Looking at prices you can't really get a decent one for less than £500 so I thought it might be worth replacing the whole lot! I've looked into the Dali Zensor 5 5.1 and they appear to get good write ups so maybe I will change to them (open to suggestions though). Anyone have any comments to make on whether this is a good idea or not? By-the-way they are currently connected to a Denon 2310 receiver and it is mostly used for TV and Movies if that is relevant. Cheers in advance.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd keep the AE's and change the sub. Improving the sub also allows the sub to do more work, relieving your speakers of a little stress and allowing them to sound better too.

Try the SVS SB1000 or SB12 if you like a nice tight bass that is also quick enough for music, or if you're after all out depth, try the SVS PB1000.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend a good place to buy one of these subs as I can only see them on US sites?

Cheers. Actually ignore this post I have just seen them on your website :)

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Slugger1 said:
Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend a good place to buy one of these subs as I can only see them on US sites?

Also check out BK elec site at their subs, all under £500 and i recently aquired a XXLS400 and there is no looking back!!

A

Anonymous

sta99y said:
Slugger1 said:

Also check out BK elec site at their subs, all under £500 and i recently aquired a XXLS400 and there is no looking back!!

Cheers, they look pretty decent for the money and they are made in Britain!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Slugger1 said:

I presume your nearest contact would be L Sound who supply Europe. You could get in touch with them and see if you have a local dealer - at least then you'd be able to try one for yourself :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts