Should I just put up with slight backlight bleed?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As I have reported I have some backlight bleed on my new Panasonic 32LXD700 It takes the form of a slightly yellow cloud in the top left hand corner which is only really noticable on some dark backgrounds. At night it blends in as most of the screen takes on a yellow 'hue' but there are bits of blue as well so the screen isn't completely uniform. I have tried different settings and it makes no difference. Not sure whether I would get a replacement for this but would love to know what any of you would do?

A

Anonymous

Doesn't sound right to me, if it bothers you, it's a problem. What do you mean the whole screen takes on a yellow hue?

R

A

Anonymous

It's difficult to describe but when I first put the TV on the screen is mostly a uniform 'bluey' colour with a slightly yellow cloud in the top left hand corner. After a while most of the screen goes 'yellow' so the cloud blends in more.

Not really sure what a blank screen on this TV is supposed to look like?

A

Anonymous

Sounds bad to me, posted a couple of links of good reviews so you may have a duff one. I wouldn't expect any tv of mine to start off blue then go yellow.

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panasonic_tx32lxd700.htm

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2007/09/03/Panasonic-Viera-TX-32LXD700-32in-LCD-TV/p1

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that!

I will just ask for a replacement and hope it will be okay.

A

Anonymous

I emailed Panasonic about this and have had a reply saying that some backlight bleed is normal?

This doesn't bode well for hoping to get a replacement!

A

Anonymous

It may be worth contacted the place you got your TV from rather than Panasonic. This sounds like a problem and I can confirm that my 700 does not suffer from this.

John Duncan

You should get a replacement from the shop. My 23" Philips (I was an early adopter and 1500 quid was all i could afford :)) had it bad so I had John Lewis (the best palce to buy a television) brought round another. And that was worse, so I kept the one I had, thinking that was just the way LCDs were. But later ones I have seen from several manufacturers are completely and evenly black, with no apparent backlighting at all, so i think it's right to expect this nowadays.

A

Anonymous

Thanks both.

I have contacted the retailer who is coming to see the TV next week so I really hope he agrees there is a problem (although it is more difficult to see in the daylight)and will give me a replacement.

Just to clarify what should a blank screen look like on an LCD with no faults?

It is such a great TV that I hope I can get this problem sorted and enjoy it even more.

Wish me luck!

A

Anonymous

Well this problem is getting even worse!

It started off as a yellow cloud in the corner but now,after an hour or so,there are more!

The retailer is coming to see it tomorrow and I am going to really try to get a replacement but, if he offers a repair do I have any rights to refuse this?

I would be without a TV for goodness knows how long if this happened as it is the only TV (apart from wee portable) that I have.

Doesn't help that I am not feeling very well just now so am not up to arguing! Hopefully I won't need to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts