• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Should I buy the elac debut b5.2's?

NilsDako

Jul 12, 2020
Hi! I'm looking for a pair of good bookshelf speakers for a tight budget. I've been thinking of buying the Elac debut 5b.2's(based on the great reviews), but I can't listen to them so you know... I've also been looking at the MonitorAudio brone 2.

Please help me! What do you think I should buy? I like base and depth in speakers so give me a tip if you know a pair.

Thank you!

Al ears

Hi! I'm looking for a pair of good bookshelf speakers for a tight budget. I've been thinking of buying the Elac debut 5b.2's(based on the great reviews), but I can't listen to them so you know... I've also been looking at the MonitorAudio brone 2.

Please help me! What do you think I should buy? I like base and depth in speakers so give me a tip if you know a pair.

Thank you!
Do you have a budget in mind?
Both of the speakers you mention are good in the right circumstances. However, we don't know the rest of your kit, room size etc.
Personally I have a lot of time for speaker designed by Andrew Jones.
Speakers are the hardest things to recommend, apart from possibly cartridges.
If you can get either for a good price you shouldn't have too much trouble selling on if they don't do it for you

NilsDako

Jul 12, 2020
Do you have a budget in mind?
Both of the speakers you mention are good in the right circumstances. However, we don't know the rest of your kit, room size etc.
Personally I have a lot of time for speaker designed by Andrew Jones.
Speakers are the hardest things to recommend, apart from possibly cartridges.
If you can get either for a good price you shouldn't have too much trouble selling on if they don't do it for you
I have a Marantz pm7001 amp and a room that's about 20 square meter. I cant go over 300 euro.

millennia_one

Sep 1, 2014
I have a Marantz pm7001 amp and a room that's about 20 square meter. I cant go over 300 euro.
You ok Second hand? If so if you like bass and depth id look at the mission 700 series 701's but if you have a little more room the 702e's.

slighly newer would be m72 and m73

Very very good speakers probably set you back no more than 100 euros tops

vegxter

Jul 15, 2020
You won't be disappointed, I started with the B6.2's. These speakers do need to be pushed, I have them paired with the SVS sound base. Definitely worth checking it out. Adding a powered subwoofer would also be something I would suggest. I went with the SUB3010 also from Elac. It's an overall great set up if you are starting to get into Hi-Fi audio.

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
They are very good for their price point. Also, have a listen to the Wharfedale Diamond 220 if you can. They are a great little speaker.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts