Should I buy the elac debut b5.2's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NilsDako

Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi! I'm looking for a pair of good bookshelf speakers for a tight budget. I've been thinking of buying the Elac debut 5b.2's(based on the great reviews), but I can't listen to them so you know... I've also been looking at the MonitorAudio brone 2.

Please help me! What do you think I should buy? I like base and depth in speakers so give me a tip if you know a pair.

Thank you!

Hi! I'm looking for a pair of good bookshelf speakers for a tight budget. I've been thinking of buying the Elac debut 5b.2's(based on the great reviews), but I can't listen to them so you know... I've also been looking at the MonitorAudio brone 2.

Please help me! What do you think I should buy? I like base and depth in speakers so give me a tip if you know a pair.

Thank you!
Do you have a budget in mind?
Both of the speakers you mention are good in the right circumstances. However, we don't know the rest of your kit, room size etc.
Personally I have a lot of time for speaker designed by Andrew Jones.
Speakers are the hardest things to recommend, apart from possibly cartridges.
If you can get either for a good price you shouldn't have too much trouble selling on if they don't do it for you

NilsDako

Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
Do you have a budget in mind?
Both of the speakers you mention are good in the right circumstances. However, we don't know the rest of your kit, room size etc.
Personally I have a lot of time for speaker designed by Andrew Jones.
Speakers are the hardest things to recommend, apart from possibly cartridges.
If you can get either for a good price you shouldn't have too much trouble selling on if they don't do it for you
I have a Marantz pm7001 amp and a room that's about 20 square meter. I cant go over 300 euro.

D

Deleted member 116933

I have a Marantz pm7001 amp and a room that's about 20 square meter. I cant go over 300 euro.

You ok Second hand? If so if you like bass and depth id look at the mission 700 series 701's but if you have a little more room the 702e's.

slighly newer would be m72 and m73

Very very good speakers probably set you back no more than 100 euros tops

vegxter

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
You won't be disappointed, I started with the B6.2's. These speakers do need to be pushed, I have them paired with the SVS sound base. Definitely worth checking it out. Adding a powered subwoofer would also be something I would suggest. I went with the SUB3010 also from Elac. It's an overall great set up if you are starting to get into Hi-Fi audio.

Reactions: BrettChan

rainsoothe

I would like to ask you for some help with a decision about a speaker upgrade.
Currently I have the Yamaha MCR-N470D network hifi system. It consist of a central unit (Yamaha CRX-N470D) and speakers, which came in set (Yamaha NS-BP150).
I am not completely satisfied with the sound from these speakers.
Would the upgrade to Elac Debut B5.2 make a significant difference or is the hifi unit (CRX-N470D) the limiting component? If so, how much? Which part does play the bigger part, speaker or system (amplifier)? I do not want to replace the whole system, since CRX-N470D has ideal functions and dimensions for my needs, just the speakers, if possible.
I have small room (5x4m), usage: music. Budget is 250€ or 300€.

Thank you for help! :)
Hi. Imo, even though I'm not a huge fan of Yamaha amplification, I think they do make great budget components, and the speakers are for sure the limiting factor. If you can, try to audition before you purchase, but the Elacs should be perfect for it. I'd add Dali Spektor 2 on the list, but just because they're my favourite budget speaker, not because I think they would be great with the Yamaha. Again, if you can, audition - and let your ears decide.

Also, the speakers should be placed on stands, not on furniture (if you got the room and budget). If they do have to be on furniture, consider some sort of isolation, like Vibrapods or sorbothane feet at a bare minimum, if not mini-stands.

P.S.: You might get more answers if you make a separate thread.

gasolin

Why do you suggest that?

warm sound,no intrusive highs (midrange and tweeter) they can handle alot of power (spektor 1 can and i think power is the same on the spektor 2), bass is very good, tight deep and punchy, good dynamics, good wide soundstage,small footprint and they are cheaper or much cheaper than the elac debut 5.2, they need some power but 100 watt peak in 8 ohm or a little more should be enough for spektor 1

Highly recommended (spektor1) if you like a warm sound

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 188533

Looks like he started a new thread so I'm going to close this old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts