Should I buy a seperate CD Player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a Pioneer LX53 AV Amp and have KEF 3005's. I sometimes like to listen to music and would like to use this system.

I have just bought a Sony TV which gave me a 470 Blu ray free, however I am guessing its not great with music?

Should I buy a seperate CD player?

Will my speakers give me decent audio?

Is there a 3D Blu ray that gives decent audio?

Thanks

Ian

A separate CD player will always be superior to a blu-ray player playing CDs. Having said that, blu-ray players put up a very decent performance with CD playback. Check how CD sounds on your S470.......you can always look for a separate CD player if you don't like the sound.

The KEFs are a little weak for CD music, but check first. You may just like the way it sounds.

The only blu-ray player I'm aware of that's supposed to be excellent with music & is going to be 3D ready via a firmware update early next year, is an Arcam BDP100. I heard it at the Manchester show, & was impressed by it. But I suppose, this will be an overkill for your system.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Before I had a separate hifi. I used my AV for music and was very happy using my Marantz blu-Ray, I then introduced a CD player and wow, the difference was a big improvement in sound.
You don't have to go overboard and maybe consider a higher quality second hand player
For instance I bought a second hand Roksan KC1 about 9 months ago for £180 and just sold it for £150 on a quick sale.
Do you think it's the lack of CDP or your speakers that are not giving you what you want ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts