Should i bother with a CD player?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Stevie_Blaze:Ok so i emailed Stan who makes the TC-7510 and he recommended that i buy the TC-7520 instead. Now i don't want the usb interface but Stan said the TC-7520 is better sounding. Opions?

Not sure if many (if any) have compared the two, Chebby has the 7520 but I'm not sure if he's compared it with the 7510. There are other forums around that Stanley contributes to, if no one else here can help you could see if you can root out more info there.

A

Anonymous

Of course Stan would say that, he doesn't want you buying something which isn't direct from him
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

hi fi newbie:Of course Stan would say that, he doesn't want you buying something which isn't direct from him
emotion-2.gif

You can buy them both direct from Stan, though the 7520 is more expensive and has features OP doesn't need.

A

Anonymous

Cool. Well i think i'll stick the 7510 but i'll get it from Stan he seams a good guy. I'll use the money i would have spent on the 7520 to get some better cables.

Cheers

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Stan does seem to be a really nice guy and we exchanged a few EMails when I got my DAC. I enquired as to whether or not he was dead too, but that's a different story.

I know Stan does make giant killing claims for the 7520 and I'd expect it to be a fair step up from the 7510 even if maybe he is over egging his pudding. He'll happily refund you if you don't like his product. Maybe EMail him to check but order both only keep the favourite.

I suggested you get the 7510 a while back simply to give you more money for cable, sand and PC parts. The 7520 is definitely a contender, though I've not heard it.

Is your house damp? I ask because I have heard nasty things about sand absorbing moisture from the atmosphere and rusting stands from the inside out. My guess is would take ages but it's something to be aware of. I'd do some googling to see whether it's a real world or just a theoretical problem.

Just a thought, would a few bags of silica on top of the sand stop the sand dampening?

Lead shot seems expensive and Atabites aren't entirely cheap. Do you have any metal bashing engineering nearby? A screw manufacturer or something that has spare floor sweepings?

A

Anonymous

Ah, you misunderstand my point, the TC 7510 will be available second hand, the TC7520 will not be. Furthermore when a friend of mine emailed Stan and wanted to know exactly what was different (other than the usb) he replied with a diatribe of superlatives about the TC7520 without giving one response which actually answered the question lol.

idc

up the music: Is your house damp? I ask because I have heard nasty things about sand absorbing moisture from the atmosphere and rusting stands from the inside out. My guess is would take ages but it's something to be aware of. I'd do some googling to see whether it's a real world or just a theoretical problem.

Up the music, this may have been me as I contributed to a thread on whether to fill a stand or not. My Atacama stands came with long thin plastic bags for the sand to go into. The reasons were to stop moisture and make it easier to fill and remove the sand from the stand. I am sure it would take a long time for any rust to appear and that would probably be down to some sort of fault in the finish oh the stand.

TRENDING THREADS