Short HDMI cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am purchasing a HDMI switching receiver, and I want to get 2 short HDMI cables (ideally less than 0.5m) to connect my dvd player and V+ box to it. I already have a 2m copperline cable (free from What HiFi!) to run from the receiver to the telly. There doesn't seem to be an abundance of cables of this length, at least not from top brands, but surely demand must be high now HDMI switching is becoming the standard on most new amps? I also don't want to break the bank - I was thinking of around £15-20 max per cable, and obviously there isn't much point getting cables that are better than my copperline. Any suggestions?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Profigold does some 0.5m cables in its well-performing range, but they're going to cost you £30 or so, while a 0.5m run of QED's HDMI-SR is about twice as much.

Are you sure about only needing 0.5m cables? Once your equipment is all racked up on a decent stand, with the various boxes on their own shelves - you weren't thinking of stacking them all, were you now! - I think you might find 0.5m a bit short, especially if you want to keep mains/speaker/HDMI cables away from each other.

Add in the relatively high cost of terminating these cables - all those fiddly little connectors to wire up - and you'll see why 0.5m cables aren't that much cheaper than the more common 1m versions. And given that the losses in the cable will be of minimal difference from 0.5m to 1m, I'd stick with the easily available ones.

TCI's Copperhead Lite would be ideal.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for this Andrew.

I won't be stacking them, but they will be on a small rack in a recess under my tv. The other problem I have is that if I am to get 1m cables, how will I conceal them? I've read that you shouldn't bend a HDMI cable more than 90 degrees

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts