Shop System (Not really Hi-Fi I know)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

A friend has asked me to help her set up a system in her shop for music. She wants to run the whole thing from iTunes on her laptop, so just looking for amplification and at least 4 speakers dotted around the room. The trouble is, given the economic climate, this is hardly the time to be splashing out on a state of the art system, so she's looking to achieve this for under £200. My initial thought was AE units and active speakers, but then I heard the budget!

So, traditional wired solutions it is - I'm thinking my only current solution is going to be an ultra cheap AV amp and 4-5 cheap speakers around the room but thought it was worth posting on here in case any one has any better suggestions? Or if you've seen an ideal AV system going cheap somewhere, please let me know. The shop is quite big, so it needs to have a bit of beef behind it, though obviously it's never going to want to be that loud - customers generally like to talk to the assistants I think!

Thanks for any suggestions.

John Duncan

Second hand AV receiver or stereo amp with two speaker outs (Yamaha DSP-AX620 would be my choice for built in DAC purposes, but something with two speaker outs) for about 50-70 quid and two pairs of speakers - I'd say Q Acoustics 1010s. Maybe a tad over budget, but you can juggle.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:I'd recommend JBL Control 1s for speakers. They are brilliant for this sort of application and dirt cheap. 2 pairs will cost no more than about £120.

Exactly, you wouldn't believe how many of these speakers I've sold for just this purpose. Mount them on the whole with the supplied bracket and voila! Wholeheartedly recommended.

Q Acoustics 1010i's also are an option, as are the Tangent Evo E5 (which are available in a slew of very nice looking colours), but I;d still recommend the JBL's.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys, looks like I'm looking round the right lines. You're right, JD - I think eBay is the only way I'm going to find an AV receiver in budget - like the look of that Yamaha.

Cheers for the tip, Matthew - RS have them at £50 per pair at the mo and thought they would fit well due to their solid casing. I may well eBay them as well if I can though - the lower under budget I come the better!

Keep 'em coming folks!

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Track this auction or look for similar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260375236297

Denon Zone mixing amp. 4 * 50wpc. So 8*50w amps I think.

Dirt cheap at the moment £12.50

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts