Shanling MC30 replacement?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have decided to replace my Shanling MC30 / Denon Tu1800dab. But for what? I am thinking Arcam Solo Mini / irDock but is there another alternative out there? A few months ago I wouldn't have hesitated to go for a Naim UnitiQute or Uniti. But as money gets tighter I am not allowed to spend to much (Computer she says NO) I have already put the Shanling up for sale on the internet. And if that sells the Denon will go the same way.

Speakers / cables are Quad 11L's / Chord Carnival Silverscreen.

Any suggestions please.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The Shanling did CD and iPod and your tuner did FM and DAB.

I wish you well with the sale of the equipment, but I am not sure it is going to raise quite enough for an Arcam Solo-Mini (£549) what with fees and postage etc.

In which case would recommend the Marantz M-CR603 (£449) for £100 less.

DAB, FM, Internet radio, CD player, amp, direct digital iPod connection (bypasses iPod's own DAC), optical digital connection etc.

It should perform well with your Quad 11Ls.

A

Anonymous

Hi chebby, I have looked at the Marantz, (£429.95 Richer Sounds) and is next on my list. If I used the internet radio the problem would be running cat 5 cable, modem/router is on ground floor and hifi is on 3rd floor, is there any kind of gismo available to convert connection to wifi?

A

Anonymous

Shanling MC30 and Denon TU-1800 now sold
smiley-cry.gif

Hello Marantz M-CR603
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Really pleased with it Chebby, after your recommendation, reading other posts and an audition it had to be the Marantz. It was a no brainer. It sounds fantastic on the 11L's. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts