Setup compatibility and price

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Panasonic 42 inch plasma for my living room and want to give it a decent sound setup. I already own a playstaion 3 and play DVD's through that but was wondering whats the best setup for sound.

I have not the biggest bidget in the world so would prob look at keeing it under 1000.
I was thinking Onkyo 606 for the amp however are there others out there just as good but cheaper?

I also (need a style speaker package due to the missus)

Due to my budget is getting the Jamo A102HCS5 a waste with the onkyo amp?
other speaker packages I am looking at are:
QAV system, KEF KHT1005, Mission M-Cube, Audica CS-system 1

suggestions?

A

Anonymous

If you are using the 606 primarily for films then it is decent but for music then in my opinion forget it. I have sent mine back and I am waiting for the new recievers by Sony, Denon etc to come out soon. I have heard good things about the jamo and kef systems you mention though.

A

Anonymous

hmmmmmmmm.....so what is a good well priced option for a receiver that handles all media (movies/music/streamed media etc etc)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The 606 isn't the most musical receiver around, but for the money it's very good indeed.

Speakers? I'd do some matrimonial horse-trading and go for the Quad L-ite

A

Anonymous

So what is a good receiver for music and other audio? Also I dont like the Quad Lite so looking at other speakers....so hard to pick?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts