Serious reduction in volume of playback, could I need a new stylus?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

My set up has been getting quieter for a long time now, and audio levels have been getting progressively quieter until now I have to play things on full volume and even then its quite quiet. I havn't replaced my stylus (using a project debuet III) for 2 years + and was wondering whether the large reduction in volume could be done to this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That's a really strange thing to happen to your hi-fi. Buying a new stylus won't do any harm. If you've used the old one a lot there's a good chance the tips getting pretty worn out. If it turns out to be something else, just keep the new stylus as a spare for when the old one does wear out. If you got together with another hi-fi enthusiast you could swap one component at a time: amp then tt then speakers then cables till you narrowed down where the fault lies.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for you suggestion, i've already switched amps and the situation is still happening. My firend is bringing round a spares stylus and cables so I will report back regarding my sucess or lack off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts