Seperate blu-ray versus av-receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I own a Onkyo TX-SR875. This thing is a beast, with lots and lots ( and lots...) of input options. However I have only connected a Panasonic DMP-BD30K to it. I don't use it for audio and I'm not planning to make use of the s-video, composite, component and digital input options.

So I'm wondering what if I sell this 23kg box and get myself a new blu-ray player ( like the bd55k, the new bd3800 from Denon or the bd8002 from Marantz) and connected it straight to a 7 channel power amplifier?

Will I loose anything? I connect the player through HDMI to the tv and let the blu-ray decode the new audio formats and send it though analog 7.1ch audio out.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
nasvictor:
I own a Onkyo TX-SR875. This thing is a beast, with lots and lots ( and lots...) of input options. However I have only connected a Panasonic DMP-BD30K to it. I don't use it for audio and I'm not planning to make use of the s-video, composite, component and digital input options.

So I'm wondering what if I sell this 23kg box and get myself a new blu-ray player ( like the bd55k, the new bd3800 from Denon or the bd8002 from Marantz) and connected it straight to a 7 channel power amplifier?

Will I loose anything? I connect the player through HDMI to the tv and let the blu-ray decode the new audio formats and send it though analog 7.1ch audio out.

I understand where you are coming from though. All decent receivers have so many connections that most don't use. It would be nice to see a top receiver come out that had just hdmi, component inputs and so could be made smaller without all the svid inputs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts