Sensitivity of B&W HTM62 very low

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Just got a B&W HTM62 center speaker & the sensitivity is just 85.. now i cannot hear my center channel properly. How is this so that in this age B&W are making speakers with so low sensitivity. I dnt know if with time the speaker will open up.. but 4 now i have wasted my money.. even after turning down the left & right channels down. When i play music in stereo the left & right becomes 2 low. So i have 2 keep going in2 the menu when i want 2 watch movies. I had a Mordaunt short avant 905i before the B&W's & were much cheaper & played twice As loud.

Only had the speakers for two days now.. just hope they will open u when they burn in.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Floor standing speakers B&W CM8. Am using Marantz SR6003 AV amp. i did not have the problem with the Avant 905i center. Just thought i upgrade the center speaker & now it seems like i have dwn graded...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Looking at your front speakers, it seems to me that the natural centre speaker to be in balance with them would be the CM Centre 2 (which has a Sensitivity of 89 - much closer to the 88 of your CM8s). The HTM62 is part of the 6 series and is really designed to fit between a pair of B&W 685s / 684s.

Having said that, I can't see any reason why your Marantz SR6003 would have trouble driving the HTM62. I use it with the 685s and an Onkyo 905 amp and it works just fine - the centre channel does need to be pushed a bit higher than the left and right fronts, but I'm not experiencing any of the issues you are.

If it continues, I would think your best bet was to contact your dealer and possibly take it back to test it and ensure it's not a fault.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have the B&W 685 Theatre which includes your centre speaker and I have no problems driving my set up with my Onkyo 905 indeed it sounds immersive and the dialogue is crystal clear.

Chris

Davegasman

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I have a simialr setup with B&W CM8's for the fronts and the HTM62 as my center and i dont have this problem. I would think it may be a fault somewhere with either the amp or center speaker itself.

I have the center set to about +4db on my amp but that is just my personal preference when watching films.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Well my Front speakers were too lagre 4 the B&W's HTM62. I have got Sonus faber Cremona's so could not hear them well. luckly they xchnage it at the shop for the BIGGER ONES, HTM61 Center with sensitivity of 90 as suppose 2 the 85 sensitivity of the B&W's. Now i got a really Balanced front.

No need to keep taking the fronts dwn when watching movies & up again when listening 2 channel muzic.

A

Anonymous

I discovered your weblog website on google and verify a few of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the very good operate. I just further up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Searching for ahead to reading more from you afterward!…
Fat loss 4 idiots reviews Architectonic Teds woodworking plans seedcase

TRENDING THREADS