sensitivity(db)

Nelly

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
i just recieved a t-amp ta2021b 2x25watt into 4ohm today as i have seen lots of reviews about t amps and how they sound for the price.i have a pair of active speakers so i just hooked up the passive one to the amp and i was gobsmacked by the nartural sound that it produces just from the 1 speaker so i was looking for some cheap passive speakers to go with it.obviously i know most speakers are 8ohm and the amp produces about 13.5wpc into 8ohm speakers so was looking for sensitive speakers as my search went on i found an article that said if a speaker is rated at 86db but as a pair @1w.1m are actually 3db louder so 89db i never knew this so why dont manufacturers state this in specs i think it would make it easier to find the required speakers for your needs.i now know that my little amp will drive most speakers at a reasonable level for my needs as i listen in a 1 meter equilateral triangle so i am getting the full db ratio from amp and the speakers i decide to buy.i cant even get to clipping the amp because its to loud for me anyway before it starts clipping.

TRENDING THREADS