Sennheiser HD595 Headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i am planning to purchase a headphone amp to go with my Sennheiser HD595 headphones. Could someone please recommend a good headphone amp to go with these headphones? I was thinking Graham Slee Solo, but are these to good for my sennheiser's? Also could you recommend suitable interconnects (phono leads for connection to cd player) My cd player is Primare CD31. Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

As far as I remember, the 595s are fairly neutral, at least compared to the 650s I have. The Solo should be a good match, altho if you can stretch to £700 i'd suggest the Benchmark DAC-1, as this will also hugely improve your cd player for both headphones and speaker systems, as well as being usb/pc-compatible and able to improve your set top/freeview sound. Alternatives are the Creek range, PS Audio GCHA, Sugden Headmaster, Corda range etc etc depending on how you like your sound / your budget.

A

Anonymous

Hi, so in reponse to your reply, what are the advantages of the Benchmark DAC-1 over a standard headphone amp? Also, where can i puchase this product? I was informed it is made in USA.
Thanks

A

Anonymous

The Benchmark is multi-fuctional, and you can use any or all of these:

- an amazing dac (use your primare / dvd player / PC etc as transports and connect using coaxial or optical digital). Loads of detail, fast, energetic, the best bass ever, but a bit "digital sounding".

- a headphone amp (very good)

- an excellent preamp (can connect by rca/xlr to a power amp, but it doesn't have remote, and only 2 digital inputs no analogue).

Check their website for reviews and more information, as well as the uk distributors. i can't remember which one i bought off but they offered me to return it if i wasn't satisfied, however i was VERY satisfied. It pushed my Classe CDP-10 to another level, which i hadn't expected at all since the Classe is an exceptional cd player (i actually bought it to upgrade my dvd/freeview sound).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts