Selling vinyl at boot fairs

pegleg1945

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just a quick question about selling records at Boot fairs.

Owing to lack of storage space and interest to a certain extent I'm going to down size my record collection.

Mainly pop music,Beatles,Elton John etc,all good clean unscratched LPs in original sleeves,all well looked after,but as I got older my music interests changed to classical and my pop LPs got relegated to the loft.

My problem now is that I would like to pass my collection on to maybe someone just coming into keeping vinyl and would like to hear Beatles music and Elton and all the artists of an age when pop and heavy metal was all the rage but how much should I expect my LPs to fetch?

I'm not a greedy person and not looking to make a good profit but I'm not going to give them away either,so anyone got any thoughts on how much I should be looking at asking for each LP,just a rough idea,not an individual price list for each one just a rough figure.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've just started using Discogs. It's a good way to catalogue your collection, and it also gives good information on grading and values... It's much more complex than you'd think. Turns out some of my records are worth more than I'd have thought, and some much less!

Of course, the exact value of a record is in reality the exact amount someone else is willing to pay for it.

chris_bates1974 said:
I've just started using Discogs. It's a good way to catalogue your collection, and it also gives good information on grading and values... It's much more complex than you'd think. Turns out some of my records are worth more than I'd have thought, and some much less!

Of course, the exact value of a record is in reality the exact amount someone else is willing to pay for it.

Discogs a good idea, also if you have any second-hand vinyl stores in your area you might go and see what sort of prices they are charging.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm just about to re-buy all my Elton John & Beatles Albums that I had when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, my mum thought I'd 'done with them' and got rid of them all whilst I was away at University.....

Turntable is imminent and it'd be great to have a bigger collection of things to play on it!

I'd be interested in a 'job lot'.....

Infiniteloop said:
Hi, I'm just about to re-buy all my Elton John & Beatles Albums that I had when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, my mum thought I'd 'done with them' and got rid of them all whilst I was away at University.....

Turntable is imminent and it'd be great to have a bigger collection of things to play on it!

I'd be interested in a 'job lot'.....

Especially if it included the original 'White Album'......... ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts