Selling some gear

gryffe

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am going to sell some hifi equipment and I'm not sure what the going rate is, and if I should try and sell it here to people who would really appreciate it (hopefully!), assuming that is possible,or if I should go to Ebay. Any advice on where to sell, and what I should ask for it would be very much appreciated.

If this kind of request is out of order please tell me to p*ss off!

I have two power amps - An Arcam Alpha 9 roughly 10 yrs old I think and in good nick, and a Rotel RB 970BX approx 20 yrs old,there is no power to it now as its been stored as long as I've had the Arcam. Best case scenario is it needs a fuse replaced, worst case is it needs a new power supply.

I also have a pair of Acoustic Energy Aelite Two speakers in very good nick, just over 5 yrs old I think.

Thanks in advance

Kev

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's worth waiting for one of the free listing weekends on ebay. Just stick it on for the minimum you'll accept as it won't cost you a penny if no one bids.

gryffe

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
"Rotel RB 970BX approx 20 yrs old,there is no power to it now as its been stored as long as I've had the Arcam. Best case scenario is it needs a fuse replaced, worst case is it needs a new power supply"

Ok, I have checked this amp and the fuse is fine so presumably its the power supply? Any ideas how much this will impact the selling price? eg if the amp was working I would sell it for perhaps £200, so would I be able to get £150 for it and the buyer could then get it repaired?.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
gryffe said:
"Rotel RB 970BX approx 20 yrs old,there is no power to it now as its been stored as long as I've had the Arcam. Best case scenario is it needs a fuse replaced, worst case is it needs a new power supply" Ok, I have checked this amp and the fuse is fine so presumably its the power supply? Any ideas how much this will impact the selling price? eg if the amp was working I would sell it for perhaps £200, so would I be able to get £150 for it and the buyer could then get it repaired?. Thanks for all the replies so far.

First off it's not worth £200 working, probably less than half that and spares or repairs would be about 50% of a fully working one.

When you say you have checked the fuse, which ones, the one in the plug or the two internal glass ones next to the transformer ?

D

Deleted member 2457

I sell here and eBay:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/amplifier-receiver-classified-adverts/

Recommend both.

gryffe

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
eggontoast said:
gryffe said:
"Rotel RB 970BX approx 20 yrs old,there is no power to it now as its been stored as long as I've had the Arcam. Best case scenario is it needs a fuse replaced, worst case is it needs a new power supply" Ok, I have checked this amp and the fuse is fine so presumably its the power supply? Any ideas how much this will impact the selling price? eg if the amp was working I would sell it for perhaps £200, so would I be able to get £150 for it and the buyer could then get it repaired?. Thanks for all the replies so far.

First off it's not worth £200 working, probably less than half that and spares or repairs would be about 50% of a fully working one.

When you say you have checked the fuse, which ones, the one in the plug or the two internal glass ones next to the transformer ?

All three of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts