Seeking some advice for Dali speakers and amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all - long time lurker, finally made an account! Bit of a newb - sold my old psb system when I moved cross country and looking for a fresh start with audio.

Had a quick question about Dali speakers and an appropriate amp as I don't have the opportunity to hear it.

I heard the Zensor 1s in store and loved them, they were paired with a CA 351a. But I checked ebay after and saw the Ikon 1 (the old model) for the same price and brand new. Unfortunately, i can't hear them in store because they're discontinued. Is the Icon 1 worth the buy over the Zensor 1?

Also, would the 351a be a suitable amp for the Ikon 1? And if the Ikon 1 is a no go, is there a more suitable amp for the Zensor 1s?

I listen to mostly jazz and soul - with a little bit of hip hop. Would like a bit of bass as I can't have a subwoofer in my apartment to be friendly to the neighbours.

And I'll be listening to it in a 12x16' room with a carpet and a couch

Thanks so much for your help! Would love to know what the experts think.

Hi long-time lurker.

Personally I would stick with what you have actually heard.

As for the amp you may very well do better but again I would stick with what you have actually auditioned unless you have a good budget for the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts