Seeking advice about new speakers please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,
I have recently bought a new Denon RCD-M38 mini-system, with which I am delighted, now wondering whether to buy some new speakers for it, and would appreciate some advice please!
My current speakers are a trusty pair of speakers from my old Aiwa S79 midi hi-fi system (bought in c 1988!). They are Series 70, 2 way, 50 W, 8 ohms.
Wondering how much money I would need to spend before I hear a marked improvement? I have been toying with the idea of splashing out on a (much smaller) pair of Dali Zensor 1 speakers, does anyone know whether I would definitely hear a significant improvement in sound quality if I do so?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid I don't know much about your system or what speakers you should look at but I would suggest the best thing to do is audition a few if possible.

Head to a store that stocks some good kit and head in for a listen of some different speakers to get a feeling for what works and at what point you think you've hit the spot.

You might even be able to take your amp in if they don't have one in stock so you can see what difference there may be attaching some new speakers would make.

I upgraded my speakers in December and it was the best HiFi investment I've made in a long time. I think it's worth the trouble.

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know your speakers, but suspect they are not terribly good.

What I do know is that I have a Denon M35 kicking around in the kitchen, and that it will drive reasonable speakers pretty well (have tried it with my Mission 751s), absolutely to the betterment of the speakers that come with it (which I suspect may be no worse than your Aiwa speakers, but who knows for sure on that front?).

I would be tempted to try it with the usual suspects in terms of budget speakers - Dali Zensor 1s, Wharfedale 9.1s and Q Acoustics 2010i - I bet you will get some good results!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts