Secondhand HiFi

FMIB

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Hope this is allowed.
If I google, there are a number of UK companies that buy secondhand HiFi separates. Tell them what you have and if they want it, they will quote a price and arrange collection.

Since I have no interest to sell equipment on e-bay or similar sites, has anyone on this forum used any of these companies and have a recommendation ?

I’ve used John Pogson in the past. He’s mostly interested in Linn, Naim, PMC etc., that are reputable and popular. He collected from me in Gloucestershire but is based in Kent or a Essex iirc. More here…

Elite Audio give generous PX against their kit. Midland Audio Exchange, MAX are well thought of, though I’ve not used them except to buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

treesey

sorry I have never used any such sites, and also would never sell on ebay but only because of the ridiculous charges....

but what is the issue with selling on hifiwigwam pinkfish, gumtree et al? Most buyers are bona fide?

FMIB

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
sorry I have never used any such sites, and also would never sell on ebay but only because of the ridiculous charges....

but what is the issue with selling on hifiwigwam pinkfish, gumtree et al? Most buyers are bona fide?
I am sure there are no issues to sell on various forums, but I simply don't want the hassle of it. I would rather have a simple this is our offer, yes or no and they will collect.
I know I wont get, nor looking for top dollar, but with a lifetime of being involved in selling in one form or another, I prefer a less stressful lifestyle now.

no issue with these sites as you specify a price as opposed to eBay which is meant to be an auction site.
I am, however, aware that what you misspelling to a second hand dealer is often more than ensue charges, so it's not always best to sell to second-hand dealers as they are obviously looking to buy to make a profit.
using your own kit as trade in against a new item is also to be avoided, you should always attempt to sell privately first to maximise your profit.
Sorry, I posted this before reading the previous post.
Note, depending on your location, not all of them collect....

Last edited:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Hope this is allowed.
If I google, there are a number of UK companies that buy secondhand HiFi separates. Tell them what you have and if they want it, they will quote a price and arrange collection.

Since I have no interest to sell equipment on e-bay or similar sites, has anyone on this forum used any of these companies and have a recommendation ?
I use this company:

Gray

Not that I was seriously considering selling but, out of interest, I got a quote from a secondhand reseller.
For as new, boxed, complete Marantz CD6000KI and Quad FM4 my offer was £100 for both (and they made it clear that was a reluctant offer - presumably to make me more likely to accept. I didn't).

Never had a problem using eBay - and it should be borne in mind that individuals will be less commercially-minded than dealers* - keener to move stuff on and more amenable to an offer. Like us, they may well have half an eye on what they are buying next, and to which the proceeds will go.

*Being cynical, they may well have less of an idea about value, too.

Reactions: Gray and Al ears
It sounds like what you could really do with is a reseller who will move your stuff on for you for a commission or a set fee.
I’ve sold a few bits n pieces on eBay and have found it the most convenient and stress free of all the sites I’ve used. If you can wait for selling offers you can sell stuff relatively cheaply, and normally very quickly too.

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts