Second Hand Hi-Fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am after some second hand Hi-Fi. An suggestions on the best web sites to look through? I want Vienna Acoustics speakers so I guess it needs to be pretty high end ones.

A

Anonymous

I mean't 'any' suggestions...
smiley-cool.gif

T

the record spot

Gumtree, the hifi for sale site is worth a visit, Ebay obviously, but much is overpriced tat there these days and the independent dealer network is worth checking out too. Check out the BADA Marketplace and the Mountain Snow sites which collate all of their dealers ex-dem or used gear in one convenient location. For high end stuff, Midlands Audio Exchange, Jordan Acoustics and Audio Emotion are three of probably many!

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
There is another forum of the Audio Visual persuassion which has a classifieds section, although we're not allowed to mention it here. I've sold and bought hifi via the site with no problems.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
pete321 said:
There is another forum of the Audio Visual persuassion which has a classifieds section, although we're not allowed to mention it here. I've sold and bought hifi via the site with no problems.

Indeed, I've just sold my CD player & DAC on there. Saved all that Ebay faffing about and Ebay/Paypal fees.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
I note that you do what I do on Ebay, sell at a Buy It Now price, rather than go on as an Auction. The difference in Final Sellers Fees between the two is quite considerable when you are selling kit around the £400/£1000 mark.

Yes, the CD player went in less than 4 hours.

However, although I started my amp (Nait 5i-2) as a 'Buy It Now' for £480 + P&P, for some reason I still had to set a minimum bid price. I set that at £450. Someone then bid and the 'Buy It Now' option disappeared :-(

Ten days later it went for £560 so the extra £80 (over what I originally asked for on BIN) more than covered the fees and with a little left over :)

I must find out how to set my next sale as BIN only, without the option to turn it into an auction. (I don't sell very often so I think something changed.)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
DIB said:
I note that you do what I do on Ebay, sell at a Buy It Now price, rather than go on as an Auction. The difference in Final Sellers Fees between the two is quite considerable when you are selling kit around the £400/£1000 mark.

Yes, the CD player went in less than 4 hours.

However, although I started my amp (Nait 5i-2) as a 'Buy It Now' for £480 + P&P, for some reason I still had to set a minimum bid price. I set that at £450. Someone then bid and the 'Buy It Now' option disappeared :-(

Ten days later it went for £560 so the extra £80 (over what I originally asked on BIN) more than covered the fees and with a little left over :)

I must find out how to set my next sale as BIN only, without the option to turn it into an auction. (I don't sell very often so I think something changed.)

Go through the normal procedures, and once you've done all the description, pics etc. scroll down to the "Choose How You'd like To List Your Item" section. You should have two options; Online auction or Fixed price. Choose Fixed price and take it from there. You can also put in a Best Offer as well if you wish. I think the fees are the same as a BIN.

A

Anonymous

Call Billy Vee Shop in London. They usually have second hand hi-fi products to sell.

Anyway, Ebay is also a good choice to get nice hi-fi offers. And you are in UK, the easist place in the World to purchase hi-fi gears. I don't know about your budget, but if I had to choose real hi end digital sources and amplification without previous audtioning, I'd try options like Accuphase (Japan), Luxman (Japan), Simaudio (Canada), Classé (Canada), Bryston (USA), Ayre (USA), Krell (USA / except its integrated amps), Naim, Linn, Meridian, ATC and Primare (Sweden) which I consider safe purchases.

A

Anonymous

I have had success buying and selling on Choice Hi-Fi website and hifi-adverts.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Check out Seven Oaks in Bristol. They had some very nice second hand Vienna Acoustics for sale a week or so ago. I can't remember which model but they were good ones. 0117 974 3727.Very helpful guys!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts