SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Im looking to get a new QED scart lead to connect my bog standard sky box to my Pany 42PZ85 tv. At the moment im getting a bit of noise/interferance when watching sky. PS3 through QED hdmi lead is crystal clear.

The interferance is causing very faint vertical lines across the screen at roughly 1 inch intervals. I have a half decent budget lead but am wondering if I bought one of the QED scart leads that would improve things.

Anywho im not sure which scart to buy, I can get the P2110 1M for around £27 from on online retail shop. Or theres the AV21 silver reference 1M lead on ebay for £38 inc delivery. Is it worth spending the extra £10 ish for the higher spec'd lead ?

Answers on a postcard please.

I also have one of those Tacima mains conditioning blocks on order as well.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
SpiceWeasel:
Im looking to get a new QED scart lead to connect my bog standard sky box to my Pany 42PZ85 tv. At the moment im getting a bit of noise/interferance when watching sky. PS3 through QED hdmi lead is crystal clear.

The interferance is causing very faint vertical lines across the screen at roughly 1 inch intervals. I have a half decent budget lead but am wondering if I bought one of the QED scart leads that would improve things.

Anywho im not sure which scart to buy, I can get the P2110 1M for around £27 from on online retail shop. Or theres the AV21 silver reference 1M lead on ebay for £38 inc delivery. Is it worth spending the extra £10 ish for the higher spec'd lead ?

Answers on a postcard please.

I also have one of those Tacima mains conditioning blocks on order as well.

I would try to borrow one first. A good Scart cable certainly helps, but I always found little improvement once the initial upgrade (from thin freeby) was made. The money you think you're saving online, might actually be lost by ignoring a local dealer, and settling on a cheaper cable.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I was thinking about the QED leads as they are fully screened, so might help in reducing interferance.

I think I'll wait for the Tacima to arrive and see if I can improve things by re-arranging the cables 1st. If that doesn't work then i'll see if I can borrow a lead to test. The P21 scart is only a few £'s more expensive from a shop. But like you say would be handy to test before a purchase.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I've tried a few Scart cables, as a Toshiba top-end VCR was my prized AV purchase for quite some time!
emotion-1.gif

I always found the Thor Scart cables to be great. Well made, very sturdy, and performance as good, if not better than, some of the really expensive brands. I still use a few currently, hooking up Sky boxes and DVD recorders and the like.

They can sometimes be had cheaply on ebay and various other places. Think they were a WHF fave back in the day too.

A

Anonymous

One of my first upgrades was the QED p2110 several years ago for my bog standard sky box to an old Sharp CRT and and i was stunned by the difference, bright vibrant colours and a much cleaner clear picture.An essential basic upgrade for anyone who uses a scart in their setup.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts