scart to hdmi scalers is it worth it?????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just bought a new samsung 40" le40f86bd and hooked it up to a amstrad standard definition sky box through a ixos scart lead and also a samsung dvd 1080p upscaling player through a ixos hdmi lead. the picture through the dvd player is incredible it feels like you could touch the object on screen, but the image through the sky box isn't so great (but watchable)and i have been looking at buying a scart to hdmi scaler box for the sky box that are fixed output of 720p are they any good and are they worth the money i have found single inputs/output models that are cheaper than multi inputs/outputs and a lot cheaper than sky hd.

http://www.cypuk.com/cyp_techpage.php?product=280&&parent

this is the llink of the product i have found.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
This kind of unit only has very basic upconversion, and I've had very mixed results when I've tried such devices. I'm pretty sure they won't deliver the kind of miraculous improvement you're after, so if you're buying one, make sure you do so from somewhere offering a 'money back if not satsified' deal.

A

Anonymous

when you say basic does it not upscale to say the same image i would have from my upscaling dvd player which i find an incredible image.

A

Anonymous

sorry i might be a bit thick hear but what does imho mean

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts