SCART OR COMPONENT VIDEO and setup problems!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys i have bought my NEW SONY KDL-40V3000 TV at present i have my SKY+ box (NOT HD) connected using SCART im horrified with the picture, its OK, but not as good as i thought it would be does anyone recommend ditiching the scart and using S-Video OR Component Video Cables? will this improve my picture quality?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you have component available, use this. Careful not to confuse component (3 sockets, red, green and blue in colour, only for video) and composite (just one yellow socket). Composite is the worst connection you can get and will be worse than Scart.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
A few things to try: First, go into your Sky picture settings and make sure you've set the output to RGB and not PAL. Set Contrast to medium. Second, make sure the Input channel on your Sony is also set to RGB. Third, Scour the internet forums for recommended SD Sky/Freeview picture settings for the Sony V3000. I'm sure someone out there must've played around for long enough to get the best settings. Also, you could try a better quality SCART cable, such as a Philex Thor or one of the QED ones. As the signal is analog, the quality of the cable can make a difference. If none of this helps then try the S-Video or component route and borrow cables first if you can. No point spending money if it's not going to have any effect.

A

Anonymous

• First, go into your Sky picture settings and make sure you've set the output to RGB and not PAL

Like Fuzzy says this would be my first port of call.

A

Anonymous

need help............again!! :(

i have connected my Toshiba DVD Player using Component Video Cables
(better picture than Scart)
it doesnt have HDMI socket on it
this then has the optical out cable going from it to the CD socket of the surround system

i have noticed that plugging directly from the SKY+ box into the SONY TV gives me a better picture than going through the SONY RECORDER, and yes they are set to output RGB, so im confused!
dont know why because the scarts im using are £45 each !!

i then have the SONY DVD Recorder plugged into the TV using HDMI and optical audio going to the surround sound system

my problem being is HOW do i now set the SKY+ box up to record onto the SONY DVD RECORDER after re hashing my setup?
i want to be able to record some SKY+ programs to keep on DVD

i now have the VCR socket on the back of the SKY+ box which has nothing plugged in to it
BUT apparently this socket is rubbish quality or something?

my JVC Super VHS player is plugged in using S-Video and left and right audio phono cables

thoughts about HOW to set this all up for optimum viewing quality?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
First things first. Do you have a budget in mind? Disregarding Sky + for a minute. I would sell or take back your scart leads. £45 x 2 = a decent upscaling dvd player that allows hdmi to your screen. The picture will be a lot better. Sky HD is the way forward. You get all the attributes of Sky + but hdmi connectivity and of course HD pictures. You could also buy an AV receiver and connect your tv to that and then all your components (Sky, DVD player, VHS player etc.,) then connect to the receiver. As with everything on these forums, it's all about how much you want to spend.

A

Anonymous

Hi - i already have a Yamaha Surround Sound System

its a Yamaha AV61
check it out here
heres the rear view of my AV amp
http://www.superfi.co.uk/popup.cfm?product_name=YAMAHA%20AV61%20PACKAGE%20%28RXV361%20HOME%20CINEMA%20RECEIVER%20AND%20NSP110%205%2E1%20SPEAKER%20SYSTEM%29&image_name=rxv361-rear-uk.jpg

i dont have a clue mate...........sorry!

i cant afford SKY HD, they want £309 off of me!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Use one Scart direct from Sky + to TV for the best picture, and the other 'record' Scart - the lower one, IIRC - to connect the Sky + box to the DVD recorder if you want to be able to copy programmes from Scart to the recorder.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts