SC LX 71 PIONEER RECIEVER

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ALL, At the whf team, very interested in the SC LX 71 Reciever from Pioneer can you please tell me when you are going to test it. I would also like to know the difference between the 71 and the 81 awaitng your reply hopefully.
Cheers JC

A

Anonymous

Hi all too, especially at the WHF team!

I'm also seriously considering buying the SC LX71 Receiver from Pioneer (to go with a Pioneer LX5090 screen and B&W MT30 speakers) and would extremely interested in receiving any replies.

Cheers

Peterÿ

A

Anonymous

WHF team,

Alot of people would like to know..I've seen threads related to this topic going back a few weeks and to my recollection no response has been given.. even a cursory "not until next issue" would be nice!

c'mon review the sc lx71, you know u want to!

P.S. I've gone for the 81 in the absence of a review, Hope I made the right decision. Especially since I don't need the extra HDMI out.

A

Anonymous

WHF team - an additional thought and request!

ÿ

Please could you, or anybody else in the know, please compare the Pioneer SC LX71, LX81 and the new Yamaha RX-V3900 Receivers. I've just seen on hifix that the price for the Yamaha is £100 cheaper at £1195 than even the LX71. It seems to have a great spec plus an additional HDMI input.ÿ

ÿThanks

ÿPeterÿ

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I had a demo of LX51 with Monitor Audio florstanders and I was very dissapointed with extremly bright sound.. Denon 2309 was better.

But I must say Monitor Audio are bright speakers with B&W it might be completly different story.

A

Anonymous

This is an excerpt from the following URL:

http://www.homecinemacentral.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-1722.html

Pioneer's SC-LX71 and SC-LX81 receivers (SC = stereo control) use the proprietary Precision Quartz Locking System (PQLS), which synchronizes data coming from similarly equipped Blu-ray players - such as the new BDP-LX71 (http://whathifi.com/home-cinema/archive/2008/05/24/news-pioneer-bdp-lx71-blu-ray-player-claims-to-redefine-the-world-of-digital-entertainment.aspx) - to the receiver, with the aim of providing accurate, faithful music reproduction.
Full tech-specs for the 'LX71 and 'LX81 have yet to be confirmed, but they look to be 7.1 designs offering 180W and 190W per channel respectively.
The 'LX71 offers 1080p, HDMI upscaling (4 in; 1 out), while the 'LX81 endears itself to multiroom/TV+projector set-ups with 4 in; 2 out HDMI upscaling.

Pioneer claims both will deliver "robust, realistic sound quality" due to the manufacturer's Direct Energy HD Amplifier with ICEpower technology. The 'LX81 also boasts HDMI jitter reduction and a Sampling Rate Converter for even greater sonic accuracy.
Both receivers feature Advanced MCACC tuning - which claims to ensure "accurate, studio-quality surround sound regardless of the room configuration" - plus Full Band Phase Control, designed to eliminate bass 'phase lag' often caused by low-frequency levels in 5.1 surround sound systems.
Like previous Pioneer products, the SC receivers are also DNLA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compliant, with support for Windows Vista, Windows Media Connect and Microsoft audio DRM technology. That offers the potential of streaming digital media files direct from networked computers and storage devices to your AV system

A

Anonymous

Cheers dunnie01 for the info, Iam also very interested in the Kef 3005.se do you think this reciever is a good match for the ScLx 71 or not.
Cheers JC

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
dunnie01:

This is an excerpt from the following URL:

http://www.homecinemacentral.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-1722.html

Pioneer's SC-LX71 and SC-LX81 receivers (SC = stereo control) use the proprietary Precision Quartz Locking System (PQLS), which synchronizes data coming from similarly equipped Blu-ray players - such as the new BDP-LX71 (http://whathifi.com/home-cinema/archive/2008/05/24/news-pioneer-bdp-lx71-blu-ray-player-claims-to-redefine-the-world-of-digital-entertainment.aspx) - to the receiver, with the aim of providing accurate, faithful music reproduction.
Full tech-specs for the 'LX71 and 'LX81 have yet to be confirmed, but they look to be 7.1 designs offering 180W and 190W per channel respectively.
The 'LX71 offers 1080p, HDMI upscaling (4 in; 1 out), while the 'LX81 endears itself to multiroom/TV+projector set-ups with 4 in; 2 out HDMI upscaling.

Pioneer claims both will deliver "robust, realistic sound quality" due to the manufacturer's Direct Energy HD Amplifier with ICEpower technology. The 'LX81 also boasts HDMI jitter reduction and a Sampling Rate Converter for even greater sonic accuracy.
Both receivers feature Advanced MCACC tuning - which claims to ensure "accurate, studio-quality surround sound regardless of the room configuration" - plus Full Band Phase Control, designed to eliminate bass 'phase lag' often caused by low-frequency levels in 5.1 surround sound systems.
Like previous Pioneer products, the SC receivers are also DNLA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compliant, with support for Windows Vista, Windows Media Connect and Microsoft audio DRM technology. That offers the potential of streaming digital media files direct from networked computers and storage devices to your AV system

As for the jitter reduction the LX81 has over the LX71, i read this in the review of the LX81...

"It also features Network support, plus a dedicated Precision Quartz Locking System (PQLS) designed to optimise sonic performance when used with the BDP-LX71A by reducing jitter over HDMI."

So, does that mean the jitter reduction won't work from an other blue ray player like a PS3 for example??

A

Anonymous

I guess its the sclx71 for me then. The speakers iam interested in are the KEF 3005SE or the KEF 5005.2 any thoughs on this set up anyone.
I will be wall mounting the screen so satalite speakers only, cant have flooorstanders the wife would kill me.

A

Anonymous

from the same article:

SC range aims to offer all-round excellence
For example, Pioneer's SC-LX71 and SC-LX81 receivers (SC = stereo control) use the proprietary Precision Quartz Locking System (PQLS), which synchronizes data coming from similarly equipped Blu-ray players - such as the new BDP-LX71 ) - to the receiver, with the aim of providing accurate, faithful music reproduction.

TRENDING THREADS