satellite speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to improve the sound quality of my tv and i dont want to go down the 5.1 one option and its not ideal. I am thinking of just getting a pair of satellite speakers and getting an amp. any suggestions on a decent pair of sattellite speakers?

A

Anonymous

if u already have a amp to run the new additions i would recomemnd the mourdaunt short 302i speakers, i have a set in my bed room and they produce a clear and impressive sound stage for such a small speaker.

they are about £112 from richer sounds, but if u fancy a bit more bass try the wharfedale 9.0 £90 again richersounds.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The issue with those Mission speakers is they're designed to be used in this system, which comes with a subwoofer - the subwoofer will handle all the bass requirements. There's only so much bass a speaker of that size can create due to physics so, without the sub, it's not going to sound very good I wouldn't have thought. You're also going to need an amplifier to drive them - did you already have an amp or would you need to buy one included in that budget?

A

Anonymous

The problem I have is my walls are very thin and i have some pain in the *** next door neighbours so i am just worried about the sub making to much noise. I will also need to purchase a reasonable price amp which is not in my 200 speaker budget. To be honest I don't really have a budget but i dont want to spend to much. Xmas has killed me ;-)

Sounds like I should just go for a 2.1 system then instead of just two stereo speakers. I will obviously need an amp as well but i have a couple i have my eye on. I just dont know what satellite speakers to go for

i am going to sound like a girl now but the satellite speakers need to be black!! ;-)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You certainly don't have to go down the sub route if you're looking at bigger speakers. Even something like the Roth Audio OLi1 speakers (which are just 24cm tall and 15cm wide) will be a big step up from the TV speakers and, cos they are small, they won't be too bassy and annoy your neighbours. Would these fit?

You can also look at active speakers (which don't need an amp) thus strecthing your budget further as you can combine the speaker and amp budget into one. An example of some active speakers are the Audioengine A5s.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
johnsmith99:
The problem I have is my walls are very thin and i have some pain in the *** next door neighbours so i am just worried about the sub making to much noise. I will also need to purchase a reasonable price amp which is not in my 200 speaker budget. To be honest I don't really have a budget but i dont want to spend to much. Xmas has killed me ;-)

Sounds like I should just go for a 2.1 system then instead of just two stereo speakers. I will obviously need an amp as well but i have a couple i have my eye on. I just dont know what satellite speakers to go for

i am going to sound like a girl now but the satellite speakers need to be black!! ;-)

I would get a pair of Monitor Audio R90 speakers. MA have just brought out the HD Radius speakers so you could get good deals on the R90s (£175 a pair comfortable from Sevenoaks or similar). I hear what the Prof is saying about not needing a sub if you get bigger, bassier speakers but these are lovely looking speakers and you could use them happily and save up or find a ebay bargain of a sub.

A

Anonymous

MA BR1's
I use a pair on my second room system great full range(ish) speakers for £150 very compact too.
The R90's are great but thet do need a sub

A

Anonymous

just seen at superfi website a 2.1 full true hd onkyo sysytem with small gloss black sat speakers for £197.00 i have heard it and it is very clear and good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts