Sanyo PLV-Z700 + ISF Calibration + 100 inch screen Vs £1500 50 inch Plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm putting together a home cinema system based around a Denon avr-2808, Denon DVD-2500BT and Arcam Muso/Logo 5.1 setup. I was looking at buying a Panasonic P50V10 or a Samsung PS50B850 plasma and getting it ISF calibrated. I dismissed projectors out of hand, primarily for cost reasons. The AVR shop near to me has a projector set-up with a 100 inch screen and I have to say it bowled me over. Now they deal in the JVC range of projectors which are out of my price range.

I read a few reviews of the Sanyo PLV-Z700 my questions are : -

1.) Is the PLV-Z700 up to giving a similar (not necessarily identical) level of image quality after it's been ISF calibrated and projecting on a good screen to a £1500 plasma?

Which path would you take and why?

Thanks

Haider

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
can you control the light in your room? Do you have an alternative tv for viewing in bright light or if you just want to watch something for say 30mins if so buy a projector all the way - in my opinion the projector and screen will kill any tv for impact - my only warning would be that sd projected on to a screen that size will look soft - sky hd, games consoles and blu ray are so sharp these days that the image does not suffer.

i have the optoma hd20 1080p projector which is just a budget projector and its my prefered choice for viewing movies, gaming etc - only time i don't use it is if just want to quickly catch something.

also don't worry about isf calibration - there is enough info on these on the internet to give you the best settings to start with then taylor them to your setup

A

Anonymous

I have a Sony Wega FD Trintron KV32FX60D for normal/every-day TV viewing. As for controlling the light does drawing the curtains and dimming the lights count:) I'm not hot on ISF calibration as being amatuer photographer and now using Photoshop and PC understand that calibration is only valid for that certain ambient light level at which the calibration was done. Each time the ambient light level changes from that the calibration goes of a bit. You also have to bear in mind the colour response of your display varies with age. I calibrate my monitor every month and then plug the colourimeter to my USB port, it measures the ambient light level every half an hour or so and adjusts everything accordingly. Ideally something like that should be available for TV/projectors...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts