Samsung

DKJ

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

Just replaced my old Panasonic with the Samsung UE43AU9000. I've looked around but cant find advice regarding calibration for this model. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe in copying picture settings online. Buying a disc will help you with contrast, brightness and sharpness.

If you want to calibrate your display. You need software, metre and test patterns to set the colour management and white balance settings. Calman home for Samsung is what you need. You can pick up colour metres from amazon for around 200 sterling.

I bought a metre and CalMAN software to calibrate my LG CX. My CX has an internal pattern generator so external hardware was not needed. Free mobile forge is a handy app for pattern generation as long as you have an Apple TV, Chromecast or Amazon Firestick.

If you don't feel confident doing the job yourself. Go over to AV Forums who have certified ISF calibrators through out the UK. Who would calibrate your display for you.

Reactions: DKJ
I don't believe in copying picture settings online. Buying a disc will help you with contrast, brightness and sharpness.

If you want to calibrate your display. You need software, metre and test patterns to set the colour management and white balance settings. Calman home for Samsung is what you need. You can pick up colour metres from amazon for around 200 sterling.

I bought a metre and CalMAN software to calibrate my LG CX. My CX has an internal pattern generator so external hardware was not needed. Free mobile forge is a handy app for pattern generation as long as you have an Apple TV, Chromecast or Amazon Firestick.

If you don't feel confident doing the job yourself. Go over to AV Forums who have certified ISF calibrators through out the UK. Who would calibrate your display for you.
Normally, that would be the advice. Not sure if I would be willing to spend £200 for calibrating a £600 TV though.

Reactions: RodhasGibson

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Normally, that would be the advice. Not sure if I would be willing to spend £200 for calibrating a £600 TV though.

I understand your logic here, really depends on the settings available on the TV. If the OP has can access to the white balance and colour management settings. I believe any display is worth fine tuning. If the the white balance and colour management settings are greyed out, then yes of course the spears and munsil disc is the logical route. 👍🏻

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Depends on your location! If you join the thread and explain you would like your TV calibrated by a professional. Enter your location and someone will contact you back if they work in that particular area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts