Samsung UE55HU7200

TheOne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Been looking at the Samsung UE55HU7200 but there doesn't seem to be many reviews around at the moment.

Looking for a 55in 4K TV with a budget of around £1300, maybe a little bit more at a push!

Does anyone have this TV or could point me in the direction of some reviews?

Any other recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

fernar99

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Read it here...

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue55hu7500-201405083761.htm

Very positive review - I have the smaller 48" verions and think it's agreat TV

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Simonlewis, fernar99 clearly needs to borrow your spectacles!

TheOne, I'm sure that yourself, as I have just done, could have put "Samsung UE55HU7200 review" into google and got several results, some of which are decidedly mixed.

TheOne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Simonlewis, fernar99 clearly needs to borrow your spectacles!

TheOne, I'm sure that yourself, as I have just done, could have put "Samsung UE55HU7200 review" into google and got several results, some of which are decidedly mixed.

Son_of_SJ - I did try and Google reviews but my point was that reviews were quite thin on the ground. In fact a lot of the hits that Google bring up direct you to either the UE55HU7500 or the UE55HU8200/8500. Those that do mention the UE55HU7200 are sites which just are just ratings out of 5 stars or 10 and not any in depth reviews (more than happy to be corrected on this!!).

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Well done for that link, Simonlewis, that's a detailed review.. TheOne, you might also look at this briefer Kagoo review, and I expect that you'd have seen these customer thoughts on Revoo. It's a good television, but only you can decide whether you can accept its few limitations (narrowish viewing angle, contrast) or whether you can save a bit more and step up to the UE55HU75000 (flat). Unless the curve is important to you?

TheOne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Well done for that link, Simonlewis, that's a detailed review.. TheOne, you might also look at this briefer Kagoo review, and I expect that you'd have seen these customer thoughts on Revoo. It's a good television, but only you can decide whether you can accept its few limitations (narrowish viewing angle, contrast) or whether you can save a bit more and step up to the UE55HU75000 (flat). Unless the curve is important to you?

The TV will be on a corner unit and most seating around it has a pretty decent viewing angle. I'm not too concerned about the 3D, more a nice to have then a neccesity. I'm on the fence on the curve, Think it will look nice in the corner but happy with other flat alternatives.

I did briefly look at the Sony Sony 55x8505 as another option similar to the 7200. Unfortunately the 7500 is currently a bit too over budget and then to be honest it's not much more to get the 8500 instead! Haha, always the way of wanting that little bit extra!

Appreciating all the advice!

TheOne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:

The TV will be on a corner unit and most seating around it has a pretty decent viewing angle. I'm not too concerned about the 3D, more a nice to have then a neccesity. I'm on the fence on the curve, Think it will look nice in the corner but happy with other flat alternatives.

I did briefly look at the Sony Sony 55x8505 as another option similar to the 7200. Unfortunately the 7500 is currently a bit too over budget and then to be honest it's not much more to get the 8500 instead! Haha, always the way of wanting that little bit extra!

Appreciating all the advice!

None of the 4k Samsung set of 2014 is bad or average.But I wouldn't go for the 7200 even if you do not need 3D.It is not in the same league as the 7500,8200,8500 Models.
7500 model would be the better compromise and even rivals the 8500 if you believe one review I read on how black the panel can go....while stocks last....the best 4k for the price as whf also would agree.
The Sony model you mentioned with Ips screen but overall would better the 7200 Samsung.
7500 is the target.

Canary_Jules

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I calibrated an HU7200 recently. It's a pretty good TV overall. Black levels and contrast aren't the strongest but my sample did have decent uniformity and brighter 4k material looked very nice indeed. The calibration controls work well and you can get truly reference results. I was due to calibrate another tomorrow but my client just called to postpone as he has problems with the stand not fitting correctly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts