Samsung UE46ES6800 VS Sony KDL-HX853 ???

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me to choose the best 46" Tv at the moment.

I want to have the best picture possible. the sopund is not as importtant as it will be connected to receiver.

I can have sony kdl-46hx853 for £1050 and samsung ue46es8000 for £1150.

What would be the best option? Or maybe you suggest something totally different?

Any advice would be appreciated.

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Those of you who had a chance to compare this two models to anything else please let me know your thoughts.

My budget is up to £1200 and I would like to buy a TV with the best picture and Skype + you tube funcionality.

I am not fuss about all this talking and gesture functions.

Any help?

D

Deleted member 2457

It is a pity this one isn't slightly cheaper:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4770

Hillsrgood

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi there I brought the es8000 55 inch the picture is still the best I've seen everybody who comes to my house cannot believe the picture Skype good on it as well I Skype my uncle in oz clear as anything my sister got the samsung 6300 and she happy with that to but the 8000 is amazing tv which ever you choose enjoy :)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
The Panasonic 50ST60B is within budget. You might even be able to buy 50GT60B with some careful negotiating.

Unless the OP specifically wants an LCD or LED? If a plasma is also possible, then the Samsung PS51F8500 (not sure of its price though) might also be considered, as it is very bright for a plasma.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
Can you squeeze a larger TV in?

The Panasonic 50ST60B is within budget. You might even be able to buy 50GT60B with some careful negotiating.

gotta find someone that stocks the gt60 first!

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for suggestions.

Unfortunately I don't really like plasma's as they are quite power hungry. Also My sitting position would be at about 2.3 metres so I am not sure if anything buigger than 46 would be ideal...

Any other suggestions please?

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately I don't really like plasma's as they are quite power hungry. Also My sitting position would be at about 2.3 metres so I am not sure if anything buigger than 46 would be ideal...

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
DJ-pressure said:
Those of you who had a chance to compare this two models to anything else please let me know your thoughts.

My budget is up to £1200 and I would like to buy a TV with the best picture and Skype + you tube funcionality.

I am not fuss about all this talking and gesture functions.

Any help?

Yes i did compare both of these models you are looking at plus the Panasonic GT50 plasma. I went for the Sony for 3 reasons

1 The picture quality was not far off the Panasonic GT50, although the Panasonic did beat it.

2 The Samsung seemed to have a tad more motion blur

3 Sony was the cheapest of the 3 to run on electricity. Plasma TV's of a similar size use from around 2.5 to 4 times the amount of electricity.

If i were you, i would choose the Samsung for around £1049.95 @ RS simply because you are going to have to buy bits for the Sony to utilise the Skype function.

Regards ...

Paul.

DJ-pressure said:

I'm at 2.4 meters with a 51", loves it

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you.. I think that is what I am going to do.... Samsung does looks better as well.

I was just wondering which of these two have a better picture. I know Sony won 2012 award but I am wondering if one of the reasons was the price of os the Samsung S8000 , as it was almost two times more expensive to Sony at one point...

:?

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
:cry:
Paul. said:
DJ-pressure said:

I'm at 2.4 meters with a 51", loves it

erhhmm :? now that doesn't helop.. I am going to start wondering if I should go for bigger screeen...

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
strapped for cash said:
Can you squeeze a larger TV in?

gotta find someone that stocks the gt60 first!

Richer Sounds:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp50gt60b/pana-txp50gt60b

Then a price match with:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4836

And you are in a budget, with one cracking TV!

D

Deleted member 2457

This can't be bad too:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4536

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi... I am not in rush anymore as someone just boughtmy designated samsung yesterday... ii have foud out Today whe I went to pick it up... you can just imagine my dissapointment.. :(( ... but if that happened then I thing it must be a destiny... probably my future is to have better tv than this two in the title...

So I will be looking to get a new best tv with no rush now. .. I will appreciate any firther advice..

Thanks a lot for being so helpful so far...

humate

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Have you actually found an hx853 to buy anywhere? I cant find one online. I was hoping to buy an older tv to save money as I only have a small budget. Worth considering... maybe u cant get hold of the hx853 anyway ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts