Samsung UE40ES5500 vs Samsung UE40D5520 - Which one to buy (or another altogether?)

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new tv, noth bothered by 3d, but wouldn't mind smart connectivity. 40-42" seem to be a suitable size for the room it will be going into, don't really want to spend much more than £500 if possible.

I think I have narrowed it down to the two mentioned above, however I was wondering if there was any real advantage in going for the newer model, have there been that big a improvements in the time between the two? I have read the sound quality is very bad on the 5520, at some point i may add a soundbar or some such (selling my old sony 5.1 as feel is a bit clunky these days).

Happy to consider other suggestions

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

I thought I'd settled on the 5520, but have just been to Dixons where they've got a 5500 and come back with the same question :)

I see that the Dixons/PCWorld etc. site states that the 5500 has only got a freeview (not HD) tuner, but Amazon suggests otherwise. Someone has bought one in preference to the 5520 - review here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B007JURFRK/

A

Anonymous

I think you should buy the Samsung UE40D5520,it is best one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts