Samsung TVs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This question could also be titled "Do you really get what you pay for?"

Setting up my home cinema system, I think I'm settled on the Sony DAV-IS10 for the sound and WAS settled on the Samsung LE32R87 for the pictures, both award winners.

But here is the catch, I've been offered an ex display LE32M86 for £450, ie just about the best I could get the R87 for (I know the source and have no concerns about its history). Now obviously the M86 is not as good as the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 that it normaly competes against, but is it better than it's normaly cheaper brother the R87?

In summary I can't afford the Panassonic, but have the chance for a Samsung M86 for the same price as an R87, should I take the (normaly) more expensive Samsung or stick with the cheaper one??

Thanks,

David.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Well, put it this way, we've noticed considerable variations in performance between different Samsung models that have (in theory) the same technical spec. We haven't tested the LE32M86, so I can't comment on that set specifically, but we have tested the R87 and we know it's a belter, which is why we gave it the Award. It's the one I'd buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts