Samsung PS59D6900....review ?

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi I am very interested in this 3d plasma TV....it has had some excellent customer feedback on other forums....but I am still wary of jumping in until I read a professional review, just wondering if there was one in the pipeline from you guys....

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Would also be very interested in this. Agree that all customer feedback has been glowing, but would like to see something from the sites that i respect and get a chance to see it in the flesh.

@lcd4ever: A potential username change on the horizon?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I haven't seen it on the contents list yet, but will ask the test team. I believe Samsung are in the building at the moment, so there may be more products arriving...

A

Anonymous

I've had this set for 2 days after my 60" LG Plasma died - All I can is it is the best tele I've ever seen :)

We bought as our 60" LG died last week and this tele is simply amazing compared to that - JL price matched to approx £1500 (this is £1900 in store) and everything about the tele oozes quality.

We tried out 3D with some in store tele's last year and was totally unenthused however watching the same movies here (Imax Under the Sea) and it was like the fish were right in front of us - Amazing experience! Call of Duty in 3D was also amazing although will take longer that the 5 minutes I gave it to get used to the new sense of perception.

We connect to a Yamaha 667 amp so can't comment on the sound quality but from what I've read on the AV forums its pretty good but if you have a tele like this you NEED a dedicated amp

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
if it helps i have the ps50c7000 which is one up from the 6900 but has the real black filter for better blacks this is a great tv so i dont think you will be dissapointed with the 6900

A

Anonymous

Has a review of this set been done yet? If yes where can I see it?

Cheers

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
3937edwards said:
if it helps i have the ps50c7000 which is one up from the 6900 but has the real black filter for better blacks this is a great tv so i dont think you will be dissapointed with the 6900

But the C is last year's model, just to clarify.

A

Anonymous

:wall: Read it yesterday and wow what a Contrast. Looking at various other reviews, which have raved about it I can't see why What Hifi hated it so much. I have also looked through a bunch of owners threads at other forums and it seems to be the set out at the mo with least problems and most happy owners :wall: I really don't know what to do.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We certainly didn't 'hate' the Samsung. It got a three-star review, which in our book means it's a decent set.

But like all our reviews, the set was tested comparatively up against a range of (very strong) competition - side by side analysis of products can often make a product that impresses in isolation seem slightly lacking in some areas.

In this specifc case, as the review text details, we found that other sets offered more detail and image-stability than the Samsung (and better sound, if that matters to you; we realise it doesn't for everyone). Our review model was a buzzier-than-average plasma, too.

However, we also make it clear that the Samsung's worth considering if you want a large, feature-rich TV at a great price. Like any TV, only the buyer themselves can decide if that makes it right for them.

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I say buy it.

You always run the risk of getting a lemon, of course. And it does seem like there are a few about, but the better retailers seem good about returns (especially with us overly-critical types).

But i'm still more than happy with mine. I had three issues with a Samsung 50B650 that i wanted to fix. 1). Image retention. 2). Motion Handling. 3). Buzzing.

None of those are an issue at all on my 59D6900 and it's also HUGE!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts