Samsung PS50C6900, any good?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Panasonic TXP50S20 has developed some of the issues surrounding the 2010 range and after a few very polite emails to play.com they have agreed to replace it. I'm going to ask for an alternative product for roughly the same value, I don't want to add to the value as next year I will replace it for a 60" TV or decent projector and fixed screen. Does anybody have a Samsung PS50C6900 and if so how is it? I understand the black levels aren't the best, but I beileve the 3D cross talk issue is much better than on the more expensive LED equivalent screens. I'm not too fused about 3D, but might be nice for the kids, the aesthetics of the TV match our room also, let's face it TVs don't get much uglyer than the one I have. Ohh and of course I will have to upgrade my BR player, but that's on the cards anyway.

A

Anonymous

i demoed one last year and apart from the poor blacks i thoiught it was very good. in fact when i viewed the panasonic 3d demo disc on it it looked every bit as good as it had on the vt20. the glasses were much more comfortable too..

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Mark,

If you can, try and get hold of the PS50c7000 as it costs just a bit more and apparently is a genuine improvement over the 6900, especially where blacks are concerned.

A

Anonymous

robjcooper:
Mark,

If you can, try and get hold of the PS50c7000 as it costs just a bit more and apparently is a genuine improvement over the 6900, especially where blacks are concerned.

Unfortunately I have to choose one from play.com and on there at the moment the C7000 is near £200 more expensive, I'm going to have another look at what else they have in the same price range also, thx for the input.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
yes get the c7000 i purchased this tv on 1st january and its a great tv ,after having lcd for 4 years i wes nervous going to plasma but now i have it im not dissapointed and its very slim just like a led

If you're not bothered about 3D, then the Panasonic G20 is a fine choice.

If you want 3D & are restricted to play.com's offers, then the obvious choices are the Samsung series 6900 & 7000. If you can shell out the extra 200 quid, then the 7000 series will give a better performance than the 6900. Otherwise, the 6900 itself is a very good TV & has got 5 stars in WHF review.

A

Anonymous

Thanks bb, to be honest I'm a little down on the whole thing. I've had a samsung PS50B850 and it had to go back for buzzing and IR, I had a Samsung 46B7020 and it went back for dead pixels. I have had some older Sony LCD TVs with backlight problems and now a faulty panasonic. So I just don't know what to do! the other 2 alternatives would be a Sony 46ex713 or the Sharp 46-821 both are LED backlight but a little small for my room, but they would keep the wife happy for the aesthetics and we would get some cash back. Any thoughts on these 2 sets.

A

Anonymous

I purchased the Samsung PS50C6900 to replace my 5 year old LG plasma and have set it up this weekend. I am very pleased with the picture when watching programmes but movies are a different story, the picture is too good for want of a better description. Movies have no gloss or atmosphere, it looks like I am watching the film being made rather than watching the finished product. I put the bluray of Harry Potter on this afternoon and it looked like it had been made for TV by the BBC rather than a Hollywood film, regardless of the flawless picture. Movies on virgin media and DVDs are the same. Has anyone else has noticed this or is it just me? I have not really looked at TV's much over the last few years but quality has improved remarkably and I wondered if this is just how TV's are now, if there is something wrong with the set or if there is something I can do to improve the situation. Any advice would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Robert79:I purchased the Samsung PS50C6900 to replace my 5 year old LG plasma and have set it up this weekend. I am very pleased with the picture when watching programmes but movies are a different story, the picture is too good for want of a better description. Movies have no gloss or atmosphere, it looks like I am watching the film being made rather than watching the finished product. I put the bluray of Harry Potter on this afternoon and it looked like it had been made for TV by the BBC rather than a Hollywood film, regardless of the flawless picture. Movies on virgin media and DVDs are the same. Has anyone else has noticed this or is it just me? I have not really looked at TV's much over the last few years but quality has improved remarkably and I wondered if this is just how TV's are now, if there is something wrong with the set or if there is something I can do to improve the situation. Any advice would be appreciated.

My brother in law's Samsung LED looked a little like that, if you go into advance picture settings and change the motion plus to clear, this should solve it. Let me know how you get on as this is top of my short list. What is the black level like?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts