samsung galaxy s3 sound issues

Twinklestar

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I have an S3 on contract which is about 6mth old. Since the last update a couple of weeks ago the sound has become an issue. If I ring out no one can herar me and if I get an incoming call i am very distant. Also sometimes there is no sound on you tube or notifications. I have been into local EE shop who just said take battery out etc etc and if still the same it will need to be sent back for up to a month which I don't want to do if possible.

does anyone have any suggestions or similar experience?

colinm66

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest trying (stop when one works...)

1) Boot into factory mode & wipe the cache

2) Boot into factory mode and do factory reset (wipes ALL data)

3) Use KIES to re-install the earlier ROM

4) If sound remains an issue get cheap PAYG to keep you going while you send it back...

bellyshere

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
The last update has killed lots of s3s including mine. They know about it that's why they pulled the update a few weeks into it being out. I've tried rolling mine back but it didn't work.

SteveR750

OTA jellybean update wreked my S3, even after a hard reset and installing via Kies I still have very occasionally the problem you describe. Worse still is the unstable wi-fi connection, it's forever dropping the connection with an error message that the internet speed is too slow, and that's sat next to a fire optically connected router running at a 40Mb speed! Turned a great phone into a source of irritation.

TRENDING THREADS