Samsung Galaxy S2

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi my Samsung Galaxy S2 comes tomorrow its the first smartphone ive had the question is "do i need a antivirus" with the phone
thumbup2.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi mattytun1514

There are several free antiviruses available in the android market (Market application comes preinstalled on galaxy s2) like: Anti-Virus Free (AVG), Anti-Virus Pro (AVG-trial), McAfee Mobile Security, McAfee WaveSecure, McAfee Family Protection (if you've got little kids using your phone), Norton Mobile Security, BitDefender Mobile Security etc .

I have installed BitDefender Mobile Security on my missis Galaxy S II. I have never used it before, but BitDefender is the #1 PC antivirus for this year. So I thought it might be the best mobile phone antivirus as well. It works smoothly, doesn't slow down her galaxy s2 (she has around 100 applications on the phone: default apps, email apps, chatting apps, games, news, audio/ video players, remote connection, converters, etc) and it scans every single application that is download. Full malware scanning takes less than 30 seconds!
From bamz

A

Anonymous

I'd be willing to guess 99% of users will not have any third party security installed on their phones, and probably don't need it, if they're careful about what they are downloading.

I have - only because with our laptop solution, Eset Nod 32 - they included their mobile version FOC for one phone. So I put it on.

That said, I unchecked "Allow installation of non-Market applications" and only instal apps from the likes of Amazon, BT, BBC, eBay etc.

Personally, I'd expect attacks on Android devices to grow, but many will tell you not to bother.

Yer pays yer money....

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys/gals can you tell me wer is the best place to buy a protecter case for my samsung (i think they just clip on the back so it does not get scratched)

A

Anonymous

Amazon is as good a place as any. We haven't bothered with our two, but did get screen protectors. Phone Devil are good.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
How to put on a screen protector

The best way is to submerge the protector in water, then take it out and place on the screen, and use a towel squeezing from the middle out to the sides to remove the bubbles. Like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-AadCD4NQ

Android market is where you get your apps. Lookout (free) is a good choice for antivirus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts