Samsung CES 2013 event live now

Really keen to know what this is. :)

Samsung-New-TV-Design-Teaser-for-CES-2013.jpg

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Tonestar1 said:
Does anyone really need or want to speak to their remote control?

That's what I thought. I don't want to talk to my TV, I merely want to watch it. Simple push button remote controls work surprisingly well. Some might say they can communicate more efficiently with a TV than voice commands.

To be honest, there really wasn't anything in the presentation I found exciting. Where was the big reveal?

Tonestar1

Utra HD but two of you can watch different programs (full HD) simuteneously using glasses with built in eardbuds. I thought that was pretty cool... No more easties or corrie ever again!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Tonestar1 said:
Utra HD but two of you can watch different programs (full HD) simuteneously using glasses with built in eardbuds. I thought that was pretty cool... No more easties or corrie ever again!

Or you could stick your old TV in another room and live without the glasses and headphones, since you won't be able to communicate with each other anyway. Sorry, I'm more than a little cynical about the tidal wave of "must have" new TV features.

strapped for cash said:
Sorry, I'm more than a little cynical about the tidal wave of "must have" new TV features.

Agreed, although the effort of pushing boundaries must be applauded. The features that we feel are useless today, may become an essential part of everyday life tomorrow....who knows?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
S9000_001_Front_Black.jpg

So it's a display panel in a vaguely industrial angle-iron frame? Cue fainting hordes of tech-bloggers, chewing their lower lips as they struggle to spell 'paradigm'.

On the upside, someone has just said 'we are leveraging our learnings from the tablet space', so it's not all bad...

Tonestar1

strapped for cash said:
Tonestar1 said:

Or you could stick your old TV in another room and live without the glasses and headphones, since you won't be able to communicate with each other anyway. Sorry, I'm more than a little cynical about the tidal wave of "must have" new TV features.

Touche!

I tend to agree with you around the "must have" features, especially the remote that you talk to, waste of time IMO, will be used once or twice for novelty value. Perhaps I got a little carried away with the multiview. I do think it could be good for kids though to prevent sibling arguements about what to watch.

I think this talk feature is the beginning of things to come. Maybe in 5 years' time, we'll be talking to our devices to make a cup of tea / watch a film / put the heater on etc. and remotes may become obsolete. Our future generation may laugh at us for using "those plastic things with buttons" to make devices work.

TRENDING THREADS