Samsung 40F6400 or worth paying for 46F6670?

jjt

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

First post on these forums; as the title suggests I am looking to get a new television to use primarily with games consoles or Apple TV, with very occasional broadcasted TV use. I have my eye on the Samsung 40F6400, but I am tempted by the 46F6670... Is it worth paying a couple of hundred more for the higher model, or just stick with the F6400 as I have read several excellent reviews about it! It is the quality of image i'm interested in, so I'm not really bothered about extra Smart features etc.

Alternatively, are there any alternatives around the same price point that people have had good experiences with?

Thank you in advance :)

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

What's your top budget, and was it a typo or deliberate that you have a 40" and a 46". There was a large jump in price and size. With a better idea of your max budget and size we should be able to steer you in the right direction. Also when you planning on getting it, can you wait till the sales in a few months?

jjt

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your welcome :)

The size differientation was deliberate, ideally I would like a 46" but the price of the 40" F6400 looks a steal at the moment!

The c.£900 of the 46F6670 is already over budget to be honest, but I could stretch to it if it was worth the extra outlay. I could wait until then, it was more in anticipation of the next generation of consoles I was thinking of changing now.

So to summarize: Min 40" Max 46"; price less than £900, but ideally more like the £600 that the 40" is :)

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen these two nor any reviews so I can't comment on these exactly. I would try and get as big as you can, it makes a huge difference to your viewing experience.

i would check out this

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4845

its apparently great for gaming but the blacks aren't all that so you need to make a decision which is important for you, a demo yourself is a must.

if you can wait till the sales try this

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4770

its got slightly worse input lag for gaming but a better picture I believe according to the reviews. Again demo for yourself.

i personally wouldn't recommend plasma if your a gamer from my own experience of image retention and the issues it causes. Others will so you'll need to make your own mind up on that one.

see if you can get a John Lewis price match to include an additional five years warranty as well. If they won't price match total digital find it cheaper local to you and then price match that.

happy tv shopping :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts