Same model TV - different sizes

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering what people's experience of the same model TVs but difference sizes. Has anyone experienced the same performance or is it nearly always just the same? I'm particularly interested in Sony Bravia TVs.

Many thanks!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Different sizes are made in different factories. They used to vary, particularly with regards to backlight issues

But I believe theyve got the quality pretty much nailed these days

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
There's also upscaling to consider. Upscaling that looks great on a smaller/lower res set can be found wanting on larger/Full HD models, with more pixels to fill.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
do you mean more pixels or larger pixels?

I would think the same model TVs, (in most cases?) have same design (including screen resolution) and performance, only screen (and pixels) size being different. I asked myself this question many times too - are these TVs only different in screen size or not?

maybe a good one to ask on the Sony man chat that is on right now?

I posted some questions shortly after 12.00 but no luck so far.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
More pixels on Full HD sets compared to HD Ready resolution sets; more space between the pixels when it comes to larger screens of same res.

And AlmaatKZ, Eric from Sony has your questions, but there were so many of them he's saving them until last, if he gets chance!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts