Safari keeps freezing when viewing the site

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm using a mac/safari (with snow leopard and latest updates) and for around the last two weeks safari freezes almost every time I start viewing pages on the WHF website. I've tried clearing the cache and logging out and back in and I haven't noticed the problem with any other website. I had to shut down and restart safari four times whilst trying to make this post due to the problem. Any help? (I need my regular WHF fix!) Thanks

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
You're right John, it must be Safari 5. I recently bought a Macbook and automatically installed all updates as the alerts appeared (something I'd never do on my pc!).

I've jusy done a quick Google on 'Safari 5 problems' and it seems there are lots - blast! I will try resetting Safari and see if that helps.

Operating system problems - I thought I'd left that party when I moved to a Mac...

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Had the same problem myself after upgrading to safari 5, but only on this site so wouldn't put the blame at safari's door. Uninstalled and re-downloaded flash player and it seems ok now.

John Duncan

robjcooper:Had the same problem myself after upgrading to safari 5, but only on this site so wouldn't put the blame at safari's door. Uninstalled and re-downloaded flash player and it seems ok now.

So you'd blame adobe then?

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I'd already re-installed adobe flash a few days ago as Youtube had stopped working (which sounds in line with other comments I've read about Safari 5).

I will try again though as a reset of Safari doesn't seem to have helped so far.

A

Anonymous

Yes. Me too. I have to keep using Force Quit on my mac. Sometimes just the once, but other times, like you, 3 or 4 attempts. I will often give up after that. Thought it was just me. Let's see if anyone has a suggestion/solution in the next week or so, otherwise I might try a different thread.

A

Anonymous

Sorry. It froze again after finding original question but not the responses. I will swallow the suggested medicine and see what happens.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi - can anyone tell me how to un-install/re-install flash player please? I keep getting repeated warning messages "flash player (safari plug-in) stopped working unexpectedly" - it started yesterday evening and it's happening more and more when I navigate around the WHF site - almost every new page I load. Hopefully the reinstall will do the trick (yes safari 5!), but a little bit of a Mac novice so not too sure how to do that.

Many thanks

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm having this same problem on three different Macs. All are running Safari 5 and two (my home desktop and laptop) have had flash re-installed. I get the feeling it might be when certain advertising banners are called up on the page as it seems to happen round about every 4th page I open.

A

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. I have to Force Quit Safari after the spinning wheel appears. It is happening almost every time I visit the What HiFi forums.

I also have Safari 5. This site is the only one that I have experienced this particular problem with. Any ideas on what I can do to solve this most annoying issue? I had to download flash the other day as many sites weren't fully loading content and youtube and iplayer wouldn't play any videos.

Thanks

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Safari 5.01 download available today. Boots up faster and seems to run better generally. Give it a go and if you still have problems you could try Chrome which is fast and stable.

Rob

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
robjcooper:
Safari 5.01 download available today. Boots up faster and seems to run better generally...

2nd that.
emotion-21.gif
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts