Sad nostalgia - goodbye speakers

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I finally had to throw away the first proper speakers I ever owned.

My lovely Tannoy 605's (hexagonal shaped) with their matching stands (I saved up for 6 months to buy the stands alone). When I tested them after taking them to France and back (long story) the woofer on one of them no longer worked.

I even still have the original What Hi-Fi reviews from about 19 years ago.

A great introduction to 'proper' hi-fi along with a Technics CD player and a Yamaha Amp - both long ago traded in

In total I have owned 3x CD players, 2x stereo amps, 3x AV amps, 3x speakers, 2x DVD players and 1 blu-ray. Probably not bad for 20 years of enjoyment.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
2 of my 3 original purchases are still being used by my dad, a Pioneer A400 and Celestion DL6 Series 2 speakers. Bought them in 91. Nice to still have things which have been looked after.

A

Anonymous

Still my only pair of speakers and stands after all this years (20 years?).

Curious that you mention a Technics CD player ... I stil use my SL PG-400A connected to an Arcam alpha 3 amp from that time too :)

Problem now is that I'm after a Marantz CD5003 (or CD6003) player but don't know if it plays well with my Arcam a3.

Audio stores do not have any _very_ old Arcam a3 to test and CD5003 is to cheap to have it borrow for an home audition.

Cheers,

MC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts