SACD and DVD Audio

A

Anonymous

Yes, sadly. I'm afraid that these formats were never fully supported by either record labels or retail outlets and are effectively dead in the water. At best, they represent a tiny minority of consumers (myself included) and we are poorly served.
I can't see any major manufacturer putting the facility into any BD player except at the top, top end.
My solution was to get a Pioneer SACD/DVD-V/DVD-A player and hook that up to the system. This gives me the upside of upscaled region 1 DVDs too. Not ideal, but a solution.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yup, SACD and DVD-Audio seem to have suffered from the classic "two formats bad, one format good" syndrom. Consumers and record labels didn't know which to back, so neither really took off.

Which is a shame in a way, as there are some extremely good SACD recordings out there (especially classical music). But few people seem interested apart from a few die-hard hi-fi buffs like us!

A

Anonymous

Thanks.
Disappointing news if your expectation proves to be right. Looks like my Denon DVD2930 is going to have a longer life than I had expected!!
Does the relatively new MVI format look likely to be supported by bluray?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts