RRoD - Xbox 360

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Just got the infamous red ring of death last night on my Xbox 360, the second time it has broken down since I got it the day it came out. It will now be shipped to Hamburg, Germany to be repaired and will take 2-3 weeks, great when you have paid for Xbox live and got HD DVD films to watch. Apparently a lot of people are getting problems since the recent firmware update.

Anyway just wanted to know who many people on here have problems with their Xbox consoles. I have six friends that have got them and all have broken down at least once and one three times.

Really poor, just so they could get the head start on Sony and not test them properly.

A

Anonymous

Are you from Germany? You know there are plenty of UK based companies who will have a look at your red ring - I wasn't aware the new update was causing problems though, is it on older machines?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Mine went a few weeks back (before the update) but was back within 1 week which is a pretty good turnaround from Croydon to Hamburg and back! They actually sent me a brand new one in the end rather than repairing it.
I have three friends with Xboxes and mine is the only one to go so far. Have all had them about 2 years.
Octopo - has to go to Germany if you're getting it done through Microsoft's warranty agreement i.e. it's free.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

Octopo - has to go to Germany if you're getting it done through Microsoft's warranty agreement i.e. it's free.ÿ

Does it matter how old the console is?ÿ

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think the warranty for the RRoD is 3 years as standard. So if it's over 3 years old, you have to pay. Since the console was only released on 22nd November 2005, this can only be an issue for people who bought the console within the first few days and are only now getting an issue...

A

Anonymous

Ta for that, just hope mine doesn't go kaput before too long. It's supposed to be fairly simple to fix yourself and if your xbox is already modded I doubt you can send it off to Herr Gates...

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:I think the warranty for the RRoD is 3 years as standard. So if it's over 3 years old, you have to pay. Since the console was only released on 22nd November 2005, this can only be an issue for people who bought the console within the first few days and are only now getting an issue...

My sons 360 got it 3 months ago and it went to Frankfurt and back in 8 days.I also recall that the repair itself is also warrantied for three years against RROD.

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Got mine the day it came out and it broke down within a year. The date on the back is 2006 which leads me to believe they sent me a new one and I did get it back within a couple of days. Perhaps the three year warranty starts again when they replace it. If you have a fairly new one including the elite they have a new chip in them I think which solves the problem but I think all the older ones are destined to break down eventually.

This is quite an interesting article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
My 360 died last year, took around a week from pick up to return. Not too bad really. A couple of other things:

1. Your link doesn't work
2. Not really anything to do with home cinema is it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts